Topic: Lifting rule on humanized MLP (READ SO YOU UNDERSTAND WTF THIS MEANS)

Char

Former Staff

Ok so it's been brought to my attention that even our own admins haven't been doing a terribly good job of abiding by the site's "no humanized MLP" rule themselves. I've seen admins in the past that have given exceptions to pictures that contain only humanized MLP characters for kind of silly reasons such as "there's a non-humanized plush that you can kind of see in the background, so this picture stays" or even "I know it's humanized MLP, but I like it so it stays.".

Obviously, it is not OK for the site to have a rule telling users that we explicitly do not allow images containing ONLY humanized-MLP, and then make exceptions to the rule just whenever we feel like it. That's confusing for both administrators and users alike, and does not put the e621 admin team in a good light.

So we are lifting the "no humanized-MLP" rule.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

It means that humanized-MLP pictures will be treated JUST THE SAME as ANY pictures containing only humans in them. While we don't explicitly disallow human-only artwork, the chances that human-only artwork will be approved are usually pretty slim. So lifting the "no humanized-MLP" rule does NOT mean that humanized-MLP is going to be approved if it's uploaded. It simply means that admins now have the ability to judge them on a case-by-case basis, just the same as any other pictures of humans.

Please direct all of your outrage below.

Updated by Sods