Topic: Advertising Feedback Thread

Hey folks,

As I'm sure many of you know, e621 operates exclusively off of advertising revenue. Since I became responsible for the site, we have held off on asking for donations or charging for premium accounts, in an effort to keep e621 free for everyone.

At the moment we are exploring a number of additional options with regards to advertising, and are evaluating what methods are a good fit for the site and its community (that means you!). As such, we're looking for your feedback on the ads on e621 - not only the content / variety of advertisers, but their placement and obtrusiveness on the site.

Right now we accept furry-related advertisements for all ratings of products and services (See our advertising information page here: http://e621.net/forum/show/10410 ). Naturally, this means that a wide variety of people come forward wanting to run ads on the site, and finding more furry-related advertisers to put ads on the site is something we will be focusing more on in the near future.

We recently put two 'medium rectangle' ad spots below the image when viewing a post page; these are a much more useful size for advertisers and are considerably better performing. What do you folks think of these, and is there anything you think we could tweak about them to make them look better / more professional?

Good advertising done right is, I believe, of great value to the community as a whole, as it not only helps fledgling businesses and artists get publicity for their work, but it also ensures that sites like this can continue to be run and used by everyone, at little or no cost.

I welcome your input on the ad situation!

thanks,

Varka

Updated by toboe