Topic: The Feedback Thread

Char

Former Staff

So it just occurred to me that we don't have a thread for providing feedback about the site, the moderators, the administrators, or whatever else.

Want to praise somebody? Want to disagree with the way we're running things around here? Want to vent your frustration about me or anyone else on the staff? Do it here! You may very well be bringing up a point that's on many people's minds, and one that we might not be aware of or have been slow to address.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR FEEDBACK DETAILED AND RESPECTFUL. Saying something like "you guys suck because you couldn't properly run a website if your life depended on it" might make you feel better, but that's not going to help us improve at all. Give us specifics.

If you'd rather provide feedback directly to me for fear of making yourself a target here, that's perfectly fine too. Just e-mail me at [email protected]

I never want it to be said that we, or at least I, was not open and RESPONSIVE to feedback.

Alright, so, I'll start this topic off with an issue that has been bothering me for quite a while now.

Fixing, much less IMPROVING, the site has been slow. Really, really slow. I'm well aware of this, and I'm sure many other people are as well. There are still tons of bugs that have remained completely unaddressed ever since the change of ownership in September, almost half a year ago now.

So why aren't we making any real progress in this area?

Truth of the matter is, we need a Ruby On Rails coder. Varka knows a bit about Ruby On Rails, but we need someone that really has experience with it and would be willing to volunteer their time. That's it, really. That's why we've made so little progress. I'd love for that to change, as I'm sure you guys would too. We've got to find somebody, so if you or anyone you know might be interested in helping us out, tell us!
Aurali wuz here.

Responses to this or any of your own praise/complaints are welcome below.

Updated by Frozenwaffelz