Topic: (OLD) The Bug Report Thread

Ghost524 said:
Not sure if this is the same problem but...
Bug: "Add to pool" dropbox isn't showing every pool

Expected behavior: "Add to pool" will show every pool currently existing. I was able to see them all only a few days ago.

Actual behavior: "Add to pool" is only showing 12 pools, and is slowly showing a few more every day. It started showing none at first, but as the days pass it shows more. I don't think waiting this long for my preferred pool to show up is ideal. It started doing this when I uploaded this post I even made another account to see if my current one was the issue, but the same problem presents itself with the new account.

Steps to duplicate: Attempt to add a post to a pool.

Nope, it's not related. It's actually not a bug either.

That list contains all pools currently marked "active". Up until about a week ago there were thousands of entries in that list that had accumulated over time that you had to scroll endlessly through to find the pool you were looking for. Since having thousands of mostly finished pools in that list is kind of pointless and confusing for many people (some even thought it was a way to browse pools), I went through and cleaned the list out manually; the pools you see are probably going to all be new pools (new pools are marked active by default). This was kind of a one time thing and I doubt it will be done very often in the future, but if it does I think leaving a chunk of new pools (the last 100? 500?) should suffice.

If you want to add posts to a pool that isn't in that list you can do any of the following:

• Tag it with pool:XXXX. In other words, for pool #1234 you'd tag it with pool:1234 (doesn't need to be active) OR
  • Go to the pool itself and change it to active, then use the add to pool list OR
  • Use the import function — great for comics (doesn't need to be active)
    • Tip: I'd also recommend adding order:id_asc to your import search since this will show the correct order more often than not

Edit: If you happen to know the exact name, you can also tag it with that:

• pool:mlp:_my_little_dragon for pool #1234 - Note that this may be a bit hit/miss since it has to be exactly the same as on the edit page.

Updated by anonymous