Topic: Tagging Projects, (or, How YOU Can Help!)

So with all of the aliases and implications brought up lately, there's a lot of work that needs to be done... So, if you've found yourself recently saying "I want to help, but how...?" this is an ongoing list of things that need to be done, that YOU can help with. :)

Please read carefully, make sure you understand the task. ASK if you have any questions (a PM or a reply here will do), and please reply, or message me to let me know you've started working on something, that way people are not stepping on eachother's toes.

Don't feel like taking on a large project? It's okay to pick something and spend a few minutes retagging some of the images. Every little bit helps. :)

I'm goign to try and keep this post updated with the status of each project, so please keep me up to date on your progress... also, there's no shame in saying "I don't have time anymore" or "This set of tags isn't my cup of tea and I'm not enjoying this at all".. :) So, please, keep me informed.

Likewise, If you HAVE a project that you'd like some help with, feel free to PM me with the details, and we'll get it posted here :D

Projects are in no particular order, and there are many others on the way :)

The Cryptid Project

Goal: Tidy the unknown_species tag.

IMPORTANT -- Don't just delete it ._. That does no one any good.

• Some unknown species are obvious! post #150519 -- clearly, that is a giraffe and a--holy crap, what the fuck is that THING. Uhhhh..... Okay. Maybe it's a dragon? or.. or a lion? some kind of ... dragon lion rebar cyber porcupine? O_O
  • And there you have the base of the problem. what *IS* that? You can guess, but it's just a guess.
  • Well, let's see... We have an artist tag and a chracter tag. Let's look at the character tag... nope, puzzle is the giraffe. The artist.. draws a lot of things, like the giraffe.. so the Cryptid isn't likely to be illuminated there.
  • There's a source link! Let's see, it takes us to the artist's main page, so let's go into their gallery to look for this drawing... keep going.. back about 3 pages annnd.. the description and the tags give nothing away.
  • ... I still have no idea what that thing is.
  • the artist mentioend another piece of art that this was based off of. let's go look.
  • SCORE! The art itself was a solo picture of the giraffe, but they mention "This picture later went on to inspire two sets of commissions! One of Puzzle and Nyrath, and another with Puzzle, Diamond and a dragon!" So, this clearly isn't the threesome... how about this "nyrath" character?
  • Ah, 3 pictures on the same page titled Nyrath's secret Grimoire.... and it's clearly the same character. and THERE we discover that she is a demon.
  • Now we look at the art again. Does that creature look like a demon? ... Yes.
  • Tag demon. YAY! 1 down.

THE TRUTH: post #135619 -- there are a lot of things liek this that are so obviously not AYTHING found in nature. These are unknown species. Just leave them alone, and move on to the next thumbnail. This is not a tag that can be emptied, nor should it be.

Rating:Questionable/safe

Goal: Check rating:q images for explicit content.

This is a huge project. but it's easy to pick up and put down at a moment's notice.
Essentially, the default rating on e621 is questionable, and a user who forgets to adjust the rating when uploading might upload safe or explicit content as questionable. The goal of this task is to go through the questionable images, and rag them E or S if needed. Easiest way to do this it to search rating:q pussy or rating:s Penis :)

Magic Users -- See Also: Tag Group:Magic

Goal: Tidy up the magic_user Tag, and apply related tags to images

There are a number of different magic user types. Go through the magic_user tag, tag as appropriate. Some images may have multiple words applied to it, based off of physical appearance, and tag implications.

• Magic_user - Generic wizard/sorceror/mage types. Themes should include robes, wizard hats, arcane casting types.
  • Necromancer - Raiser of the dead. Themes should involve the walking dead, and probably a very goth-ish look.
  • Witch - Similar to a spellcaster. often, but not always female, pointed hats, broomsticks.
  • Tribal_spellcaster - The 'natural' magic casters. Loincloths, beads, skulls, feathers, etc for a 'tribal' look. Split into:
    • druid - largely composed of warcraft images, druids are typically shapechangers, nature walkers, and so forth.
    • shaman - Feathers, beads and leather. Less "peaceful" looking then druids.
    • witch_doctor - More 'sinister' looking. voodoo, skulls, bits of bone, facepaint, voodoo_dolls etc.
  • Holy_spellcaster - Priests, clerics and paladins who cast magic, as opposed to preaching the word of a god. Often, these will be warcraft, or RPG related.

Magic Users, part two: magic and holy_spellcaster

Goal: Walk through the magic tag, look for characters who's visuals match up with the 'stereotype' images for any of the more specific types of magic user, and tag appropriately. Also, fill out Holy_spellcaster by going through Priest, cleric and paladin, to the criteria above, and add related tags.

Masturbation

This is a simple one for picking up and putting down at any given point in time. Very simple and black-and-white with it's requirements.

Goal: Tidy up fingering, handjob
A poorly chosen set of implications had handjob and fingering both implying masturbation. However, masturbation is something you do to yourself.

This task is most easily accomplished by searching handjob masturbation -solo or fingering masturbation -solo and going through the results.

• Look at each image to be certain of the contents if there's any confusion.
  • if you find an image of a character masturbating alone, please tag them with solo
  • For images of characters manually stimulating each other, tag mutual masturbation
  • If one character is giving the other a reach_around, then it does not count.

Mutual mastubation

Goal: Ensure that everything in the mutual_masturbation tag is both mutual, and masturbation.

• Mutual masturbation is defined as either two (or more) people reaching over and manually--with their hands--pleasuring each other.

Things that don't count:

• A character being pleasured and the other is not
  • A character is being given a handjob while the other is getting oral.
  • Using a double ended dildo
  • Two characters rubbing their cocks/pussy together, unless both are using hands to touch also. (see: frottage or tribadism)
  • A character on their knees pleasuring two others, unless being pleasured by one they are pleasuring.
  • Blowjobs.

This is going to involve a LOT of retaging D: only images like these: post #116885 post #123084 post #79812 should be here.

Updated by sneezer22