Topic: Advanced Policy Discussions: Implicative/Conjunctive/Redundant/Mutually-exclusive tag usage [mouseover for simple title]

AKA: 1. Tagging things not there, 2. Using 2+ tags to replace 1 tag, 3. Using 'redundant' tags, 4. Assuming only 1 tag from a related set is applicable

[incomplete]

-> If you noticed I haven't included one of your points in the listed pros/cons/examples/other, please DMail me about it (be sure to link to the message/s!)

-> If you have any feedback/suggestions for additional topics/readability improvements/other, please DMail me about them!

Ok this isn't completed, but might as well bring these up in one place while I'm at it in the hopes it'll generate positive discussion and we can come to a useful conclusion about this

-----
It seems some [citation needed] members are of the opinion:

• 2. Using multiple tags are an adequate replacement, or even better in a situation where one tag can be made
    • eg. [too many to list right now without going through a bunch of forum posts, TBU]
    • forum #183087 - Tag Alias: clothed_female_nude_male -> cfnm (Feb. 2016)
  • 4. Posts only require at most 1 tag from a set of similar tags to accurately identify the theme of the tag
    • e.g. only tagging one breast size, only one physical age description (young OR adult OR old etc.
    • Somewhat of an interesting case - semi-anthro, which is used for characters that display both 'anthro' and 'feral' qualities

Why?

Further Reading (my posts from elsewhere)

Key

#1 = Implicative tagging (tagging things not there)

#2 = Conjunctive tagging (using 2 or more tags as a substitute for 1 tag.

#3 = Redundant tagging (tagging things that are 'common' to a majority of posts on the site)

• #2: Conjunctive tagging: blacklisting issues
    • ??? [i'll add the link when i find the post]
  • #2: Conjunctive tagging - forum #187913 (lower down in this thread) - Some Pros and Cons of both cases, with additions from others
  • #2: forum #187919 (lower down in this thread) - An example of using both conjunctive and non conjunctive searches, with results for each case

Discussions taking/that took place elsewhere (others' posts)

Key

#1 = Implicative tagging (tagging things not there)

#2 = Conjunctive tagging (using 2 or more tags as a substitute for 1 tag.

#3 = Redundant tagging (tagging things that are 'common' to a majority of posts on the site)

• #2: forum #213642 - Tag idea: furry male/ human female and human male/ furry female (Nov. 2016)
  • #2: forum #210825 - Regarding "open_[garment]" tags (Oct. 2016)
  • #2: p.forum #199542 - tagging character interaction
  • #2: forum #183087 - Tag Alias: clothed_female_nude_male -> cfnm (Feb. 2016)
  • #2: forum #182665 - Tag suggestion 2 of 2 (maybe 3): The big suggestion - Implied Species+gender tags (Feb. 2016)
  • #2 forum #164296 - Tag Implication: oppai_loli -> loli (Jul. 2015)
  • #2: forum #141490 - Tag Alias: adult -> invalid_tag (Oct. 2014)

#3 forum #206274 - Should humans get anatomically correct if they have a humanoid penis? (Aug. 2016)

• #3: 'Redundant' tagging - forum #181559 - white sclera addition? (Jan. 2016)
  • #3: forum #141490 - Tag Alias: adult -> invalid_tag (Oct. 2014)

Updated by leomole