Topic: Not_Furry not used enough, Feral is over-broad and Anthro is vague

Oh I sparked a discussion :3
Every one of you make good points.

So first of my issue is totally semantics. But that's what tags are. I'm agreeing more with the specialized use of those terms on e621 now but their wikis are still contradicting.

I totally get that Not_Furry should not apply to things that are not Furry in a strict sense (such as MLP) and that it should apply in cases where it is broadly not Furry in both the genre sense and character sense. But I don't get where the "of interest to the community" comes into it? How do we even define that?

I am very much in favor of the feral+realistic proposal even though thats not entirely doable with the current state of the tags.
I am also in agreement that anthro for the purposes of tagging on e621 can be used only to describe body type.
But this does leave the odd situation where you want to pic out what IS Furry (as in genre) as that is what I am interested in. Also to be clear I don't care that things are zoo that doesn't bother me but I want it to be in the Furry genre. So if anthro pertains to body type many posts fall out of Furry genre and into what I called naturalistic before.

How about naturalistic for the tag since realistic is being used in the realism sense now?

Updated by anonymous