Topic: movies

treos said:
to be fair, deadpool is kinda like Marvel's version of pinkie pie. so the crazy antics, fourth wall breaking, and other nonsensical stuff is pretty much what he and pinkie pie do. that's pretty normal for them.

that and you gotta admit, it was pretty funny watching him mutilate himself while trying to beat up Colossus. lol then there the part when he makes colossus lose his lunch...

to expect sanity and normality from deadpool would be to expect the same of pinkie pie and that's just not right, is it?

you ever hear of that one movie, Atlantic Rim? yeah...syfy went there. and it was about as terrible as one would expect of syfy.

sleepy hollow is a good one. in fact, a lot of movies based on fairy tales tend to be pretty good. also good is how a good number of them tend to be dark horror stories since that's how many fairy tales started out. dark, grim, cautionary tales.

what was that one movie, The brothers grimm? that one showed a number of fairy tales and none of which were cheerful OR pleasant. a kid became the gingerbread man and took off...another becoming a mud creature iirc...horse trapping a child in spider webs and kidnapping him. fairy tales often have some rather unpleasant origins... they make for good movies though.

OO that reminds me. i should check out that one about Krampus some time. never seen a movie about that mythical figure before.

I'll be honest, I love syfy movies. They're like a bad comedy that you can't help but laugh at. I also highly recommended Krampus, a nice dark twist on the normal Holliday. Finally I forgot to mention this Korean movie called The Host, very awesome if you can find it.

Updated by anonymous