Genjar said:
'Going to the beach' usually implies that there'll be sand. If someone invited me to a beach and it turned out to be full of rocks, I'd be quite confused.

True! Unless.... it's just part of living in the area. If I mention going to the dam, everyone around here knows what I mean, I don't have to clarify it by name or that it's a big earthen dam or anything like that.

When heading to rockier shores, people generally just say why they're going there: "I'm going fishing" or "I'm going bird-watching", etc.

I mean, even beaches-with-sand come in a lot of different shapes and sizes.

Man, now I'm homesick...

Anyway, I dunno. It was always "the beach".

Regardless, it's tagged as rocky_shore now. Not quite sure about some of the posts, it's sometimes hard to tell if it's a shore or just a large rock jutting out of the water.

Maybe it oughta be something like "beach_rocks" but everything I come up with sounds like... well, really dumb. Or overly complicated "Tidal Rocks" or whatever.

I think something could be a sandy beach and a rocky_shore at the same time.

Maybe we should try and distinguish between a pebbley beach and a beach with rocks?

I never know when to tag that. Posts like post #1399244, etc: "This is detailed, but is it detailed enough to be tagged as 'amazing'? Ehh.."

I know what you mean :) I'd say for that one... not so much, It adds tons to the atmosphere... but it's more ambience than anything.

beach inside finds a not-insignificant number of posts. Mostly of windows overlooking a beach. So it'll have to be tagged manually, unfortunately.

Somehow, I overlooked this possibility, no pun intended.

Used to, but they were too slow. Might reinstall one as a backup, but usually I just crank the browser zoom up to 300% or so, which makes the thumbs easy to see.

Well, dunno what browser you use, but Imagus works pretty smoothly for me. Browser zoom is probably pretty damn effective too, though. :)

I think someone mass-tagged all seaside posts as beach at one point. So long ago that it's far too late to slap them for it now.

Well they... ... ugh. They tried.

Aliasing it to shore should work. Though that'd require some existing aliases/implications to be moved around, and that's unlikely to happen.
I'm still waiting for some of the years old ones to be fixed, so I can get back to work on those (slime_girl, googirl, gooboy, slime_monstergoo_creature instead of goo).

Yeah.... c_c

If we use shore instead of seaside, that should work for rivers too. 'river' + 'shore' = riverbank. And yeah, river doesn't seem taggable if there's no visible bank, so it's pointless.

Technically a bank and a shore are differnet things, but, yeah, no.

I like shore though--it's multipurpose :D

Manually merged into shore, I'd say. Too rare for aliases.

Thanks :)

I was mostly looking for a list of "what do people tag".. that said, I agree and disagree -- depending on what we come up with in the end, we might want aliases for stupid proofing. But probably not.

Seems useful, should be tagged more. Underwater doesn't usually depict the seabed, so it's worth a tag.

Completly agreed-- hmm.. I know that a seabed can have unique-sea-only features... but do lakes have distinctly lake-ish features? and is there a word that covers both sea-bed and lake-bed and river-bed etc? Maybe they shoudl all be aliased into ocean/sea bed... simplicity rather then specificity.

A few more additions to the 'bodies of water' tag list:
bay - 30 (though mostly used as a color tag)

Oh yeah... there was a whole slew of horsey coat "things" I found once.... yet somehow palomino only has 20 posts.

(on a side note, what DO we think of words for specific coat colors and patterns? Bay (brown with dark nose/socks) siamese (white/cream with brown/black color points), Palomino (pale brown with white socks/markings and a light yellow mane), merle (gray with erratic black speckles) and the like? )

I stil lfeel like there are more watery words we're not thinking of.. hmmm....


Furrin_Gok said:
Looks like the generic term for those three is train_position.

choo choo

Genjar
Former Staff
11 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae_(anatomy) arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes bottomwear clothed clothing crossed_arms duo feral front_view green_body hawk_moth human insect insect_wings lepidopteran lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari painting_(artwork) pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view topwear traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 332
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Any specific tags for being covered in goo? Such as:
ambiguous_gender anthro bdsm bondage bound lagomorph lopunny mammal muk nintendo pokémon pokémon_(species) slime solo suspension video_games winte

Rating: Questionable
Score: 6
User: Abyscidis
Date: July 21, 2018

If not, how about goo_covered? Kind of similar to cum_covered, should be easy to remember.

...or maybe it should be goo_encasement, to go with the existing (but ambiguous) encasement tag?


Anyone knows why the ruined orgasm tag was removed? It's a legitimate thing in the domination genre, which unlike an orgasm denial, it denotes some release while keeping the denial aspect, which can be considered worse as it only edges the person even more than no cumming at all.


GrosserKurfurst said:
Anyone knows why the ruined orgasm tag was removed? It's a legitimate thing in the domination genre, which unlike an orgasm denial, it denotes some release while keeping the denial aspect, which can be considered worse as it only edges the person even more than no cumming at all.

If you used the search box at the top of the forum, you would be directed to forum #257222 which talks about it. Please read it in it's entirety before replying, if you chose to reply.


SnowWolf said:
If you used the search box at the top of the forum, you would be directed to forum #257222 which talks about it. Please read it in it's entirety before replying, if you chose to reply.

Thank you!

Genjar
Former Staff
11 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae_(anatomy) arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes bottomwear clothed clothing crossed_arms duo feral front_view green_body hawk_moth human insect insect_wings lepidopteran lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari painting_(artwork) pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view topwear traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 332
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Put in some preliminary work on visual guide section of tag_group:sex_positions. That's been in plans for years, about time that it got started.

It's missing most of the positions, but I'll get around to expanding it... eventually. Finding good thumbs is hard, most are too visually cluttered (detailed backgrounds, etC) to be used in that way.

But anyway, noticed one thing while at it: do we really have no tag for the classic 'bodyguard' position? Both partners standing, facing the same direction, also known as 99. We do have the generic standing_sex tag, but that could really use some organization.

Maybe it's tagged as something else here...? If not, I'm gonna start tagging those as bodyguard_position, any objections?


Is there a special tag for 'feral sitting'?
! 2018 beverage blue_eyes bottle chibi chips_(food) clothed clothed_feral clothing controller cosmic_hair cutie_mark dialogue doritos dualshock_4 english_text equid eyebrows eyelashes feathered_wings feathers female feral food friendship_is_magic game_controller gaming glowing glowing_horn grey_background hair headgear headphones headset hoodie hooves horn levitation long_hair magic mammal microphone moon moozua mountain_dew my_little_pony open_mouth open_smile playing_videogame playstation playstation_4 playstation_controller portrait princess_luna_(mlp) simple_background sitting smile soda solo sony_corporation sony_interactive_entertainment sparkles speech_bubble text tongue topwear video_games winged_unicorn wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 15
User: GlimGlam
Date: July 07, 2018

Genjar
Former Staff
11 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae_(anatomy) arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes bottomwear clothed clothing crossed_arms duo feral front_view green_body hawk_moth human insect insect_wings lepidopteran lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari painting_(artwork) pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view topwear traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 332
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

MyNameIsOver20charac said:
Is there a special tag for 'feral sitting'?
! 2018 beverage blue_eyes bottle chibi chips_(food) clothed clothed_feral clothing controller cosmic_hair cutie_mark dialogue doritos dualshock_4 english_text equid eyebrows eyelashes feathered_wings feathers female feral food friendship_is_magic game_controller gaming glowing glowing_horn grey_background hair headgear headphones headset hoodie hooves horn levitation long_hair magic mammal microphone moon moozua mountain_dew my_little_pony open_mouth open_smile playing_videogame playstation playstation_4 playstation_controller portrait princess_luna_(mlp) simple_background sitting smile soda solo sony_corporation sony_interactive_entertainment sparkles speech_bubble text tongue topwear video_games winged_unicorn wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 15
User: GlimGlam
Date: July 07, 2018

There's on_haunches, though that doesn't require the character to be on 'all fours', and some of the current tagging is... odd. (Non-ferals should be tagged as crouching instead.)


Genjar said:
Put in some preliminary work on visual guide section of tag_group:sex_positions. That's been in plans for years, about time that it got started.

It's missing most of the positions, but I'll get around to expanding it... eventually. Finding good thumbs is hard, most are too visually cluttered (detailed backgrounds, etC) to be used in that way.

But anyway, noticed one thing while at it: do we really have no tag for the classic 'bodyguard' position? Both partners standing, facing the same direction, also known as 99. We do have the generic standing_sex tag, but that could really use some organization.

Maybe it's tagged as something else here...? If not, I'm gonna start tagging those as bodyguard_position, any objections?

None here--but I've used up my brain today: I just wanted to say that you're pretty awesome :)


Is there a tag for when a character with big/long ears wears their ears as if it was a kind of hairstyle?
1:1 anthro ball bangs basketball bedroom_eyes big_ears blue_eyes butt female floppy_ears fur green_eyes hair half-closed_eyes holding_object lagomorph leporid lola_bunny long_ears looking_back looney_tunes mammal multicolored_fur nude pink_nose purple_background pussy rabbit rear_view seductive short_hair short_tail simple_background smile smirk solo space_jam standing tan_fur teal_eyes thigh_gap two_tone_fur warner_brothers white_fur white_hair xylas

Rating: Explicit
Score: 22
User: AdiCordo
Date: July 26, 2018
And, I know there's a name, but I also can't remember the tag for the band keeping her ears like that. It's not hairband, I don't think, because that's like what Amy Rose has in her hair.
amy_rose anthro breasts clothed clothing cute_fangs eulipotyphlan fangs female hedgehog mammal mostly_nude neocoill nipples one_eye_closed panties panties_down partially_clothed pink_body solo sonic_(series) topless underwear underwear_down undressing wink

Rating: Questionable
Score: 31
User: a7724
Date: August 14, 2014


2018 <3 absurd_res antennae_(anatomy) anthro anthrofied arthropod balls beedrill big_balls big_penis breasts compound_eyes digital_media_(artwork) fakémon fur fusion gynomorph half-erect hi_res huge_penis humanoid_penis hybrid hybrid_eyes hymenopteran insect intersex long_penis nintendo penis pokémon pokémon_fusion pokémon_(species) presenting presenting_penis quin-nsfw reclining solo spreading spread_legs video_games vigoroth yellow_fur

Rating: Explicit
Score: 9
User: AstealthA
Date: May 11, 2018
Is there a tag for when a character seemingly has compound_eyes but has non-compound eyes inside them?


AbiCordo said:
Is there a tag for when a character with big/long ears wears their ears as if it was a kind of hairstyle?
1:1 anthro ball bangs basketball bedroom_eyes big_ears blue_eyes butt female floppy_ears fur green_eyes hair half-closed_eyes holding_object lagomorph leporid lola_bunny long_ears looking_back looney_tunes mammal multicolored_fur nude pink_nose purple_background pussy rabbit rear_view seductive short_hair short_tail simple_background smile smirk solo space_jam standing tan_fur teal_eyes thigh_gap two_tone_fur warner_brothers white_fur white_hair xylas

Rating: Explicit
Score: 22
User: AdiCordo
Date: July 26, 2018
And, I know there's a name, but I also can't remember the tag for the band keeping her ears like that. It's not hairband, I don't think, because that's like what Amy Rose has in her hair.
amy_rose anthro breasts clothed clothing cute_fangs eulipotyphlan fangs female hedgehog mammal mostly_nude neocoill nipples one_eye_closed panties panties_down partially_clothed pink_body solo sonic_(series) topless underwear underwear_down undressing wink

Rating: Questionable
Score: 31
User: a7724
Date: August 14, 2014

I'm not aware of an 'ear hairstyle' tag, but there is tied_ears, where the ears are tied off with a band or something, which may be relevant. The tags flopped_ears or droopy_ears may also apply if they are depicted in such a way.


Is there a tag for tentacles penetrating someone?


MyNameIsOver20charac said:
Is there a tag for tentacles penetrating someone?

There's tentacle_sex...but apparently that is supposed to mean any sexual act done with tentacles...so it's not specific to penetration. I'd suspect that a search of "tentacle_sex penetration" would have to suffice for your needs.

My question...is there a tag for when a character has a symbol on their clothing like so:

2018 alien breasts clothing digital_media_(artwork) eyes_closed eyeshadow female freckles gesture gloves green_skin hair handwear heart_pattern humanoid lord_dominator makeup midriff mohawk_(hairstyle) navel not_furry pose simple_background smile solo standing sweetzukicure v_sign wander_over_yonder white_background white_hair

Rating: Safe
Score: 7
User: GrosserKurfurst
Date: July 10, 2018 anthro bandanna bandicoot blonde_hair bottomwear clothing coco_bandicoot crash_bandicoot_(series) female footwear green_eyes hair hi_res jeans low_cut_jeans mammal marsupial midriff naughty_dog one_eye_closed pants pigeon_toed playstation ryujisama shirt smile sneakers sony_corporation sony_interactive_entertainment star star_pattern thigh_gap topwear t-shirt video_games wide_hips wink

Rating: Safe
Score: 11
User: Ryujisama
Date: December 26, 2017 4_fingers abstract_background absurd_res animal_crossing anthro bare_shoulders big_breasts black_claws black_clothing black_fur black_markings black_shirt black_tail black_topwear bottomless breasts brown_fur canid canine canis cheek_tuft chest_tuft claws cleavage clothed clothing collarbone cooliehigh digital_media_(artwork) dipstick_ears dipstick_tail eyebrows eyelashes eyeshadow fangs female fingers front_view fur gloves_(marking) hand_on_breast hand_on_hip hi_res looking_at_viewer makeup mammal markings misfits multicolored_ears multicolored_fur multicolored_tail nintendo nipple_outline orange_eyes portrait pussy sharp_claws shirt shoulder_tuft signature simple_background skull skull_pattern solo standing tan_background tan_fur tank_top tan_tail three-quarter_portrait topwear tuft two_tone_tail video_games vivian_(animal_crossing) wolf

Rating: Explicit
Score: 32
User: Schuppo
Date: July 22, 2017

Furthermore is there a tag for specific symbols on clothing? Like for when someone is wearing a star/heart/skull on their shirt/hat/pants etc.? Stuff like that.


Dyrone said:
My question...is there a tag for when a character has a symbol on their clothing like so:

2018 alien breasts clothing digital_media_(artwork) eyes_closed eyeshadow female freckles gesture gloves green_skin hair handwear heart_pattern humanoid lord_dominator makeup midriff mohawk_(hairstyle) navel not_furry pose simple_background smile solo standing sweetzukicure v_sign wander_over_yonder white_background white_hair

Rating: Safe
Score: 7
User: GrosserKurfurst
Date: July 10, 2018 anthro bandanna bandicoot blonde_hair bottomwear clothing coco_bandicoot crash_bandicoot_(series) female footwear green_eyes hair hi_res jeans low_cut_jeans mammal marsupial midriff naughty_dog one_eye_closed pants pigeon_toed playstation ryujisama shirt smile sneakers sony_corporation sony_interactive_entertainment star star_pattern thigh_gap topwear t-shirt video_games wide_hips wink

Rating: Safe
Score: 11
User: Ryujisama
Date: December 26, 2017 4_fingers abstract_background absurd_res animal_crossing anthro bare_shoulders big_breasts black_claws black_clothing black_fur black_markings black_shirt black_tail black_topwear bottomless breasts brown_fur canid canine canis cheek_tuft chest_tuft claws cleavage clothed clothing collarbone cooliehigh digital_media_(artwork) dipstick_ears dipstick_tail eyebrows eyelashes eyeshadow fangs female fingers front_view fur gloves_(marking) hand_on_breast hand_on_hip hi_res looking_at_viewer makeup mammal markings misfits multicolored_ears multicolored_fur multicolored_tail nintendo nipple_outline orange_eyes portrait pussy sharp_claws shirt shoulder_tuft signature simple_background skull skull_pattern solo standing tan_background tan_fur tank_top tan_tail three-quarter_portrait topwear tuft two_tone_tail video_games vivian_(animal_crossing) wolf

Rating: Explicit
Score: 32
User: Schuppo
Date: July 22, 2017

Furthermore is there a tag for specific symbols on clothing? Like for when someone is wearing a star/heart/skull on their shirt/hat/pants etc.? Stuff like that.

Yes, the *_pattern and/or *_print tags (heart_pattern, skull_pattern, star_pattern, etc). Unfortunately they're often very undertagged.


DiceLovesBeingBlown said:
Yes, the *_pattern and/or *_print tags (heart_pattern, skull_pattern, star_pattern, etc). Unfortunately they're often very undertagged.

See I always thought those implied a sort of overall pattern like so:

1:1 <3 <3_panties bow_panties canid canine clothing fox frilly_panties go1den_(wanda_fan_one_piece) heart_panties heart_pattern low_res mammal panties pink_clothing pink_panties pink_underwear raptorvonsqueaker underwear

Rating: Questionable
Score: 0
User: Wanda_Is_Sexy_OP
Date: March 05, 2018

But I suppose the word "print" doesn't really specify how many are printed...pattern definately does imply a sequence though. I would personally be in favor of merging aliasing all the "pattern" to just "print".

There also seems to be some confusion in the heart_print tag where people have tagged it where there's a heart in a character's fur or on their skin:

2016 2017 anthro barefoot bed bedroom black_and_white_fur black_fur black_hair blue_eyes bottomless breasts clothed clothing digital_media_(artwork) echoseed eyelashes female fur giant_panda hair heart_pattern hi_res japanese_clothing ken_ashcorp kenny_(kenashcorp) legwear looking_at_viewer maebari mammal midriff navel nipple_outline one_eye_closed open_mouth pussy pussy_tape small_breasts solo solo_focus stretching thigh_highs tired under_boob ursid white_fur wide_hips young

Rating: Explicit
Score: 133
User: echoseed
Date: May 01, 2017

I think these are meant to be naturally-occurring (not a tattoo) and should be under heart_marking instead...I will try to clean those up today.

Also peeps are confusing it with a heart_cutout: <3 absurd_res big_tail bikini blue_skin camel_toe clothing cteno english_text eyebrows eyewear female flat_chested glasses hair halo heart_panties heart_pattern hi_res holidays humanoid legwear monster monster_girl_(genre) multi_limb navel pink_hair red_eyes slugbox solo swimwear text thick_eyebrows thick_tail thick_thighs thigh_highs valentine's_day wings yellow_sclera

Rating: Questionable
Score: 29
User: Wild_Anonymoose
Date: February 15, 2018

Jesus...that tag has problems...might have to write a damn wiki for it too!

Genjar
Former Staff
11 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae_(anatomy) arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes bottomwear clothed clothing crossed_arms duo feral front_view green_body hawk_moth human insect insect_wings lepidopteran lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari painting_(artwork) pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view topwear traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 332
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Dyrone said:
See I always thought those implied a sort of overall pattern like so:

Single symbols are often tagged as *_symbol, such as null_symbol. Though those don't differentiate between clothing and other places. And I dunno what happened to skull_symbol and star_symbol, I guess someone decided to wipe those at some point. Maybe the assumption is that searching for something like skull symbol should work, but that seems messy.

The heart_symbol wiki currently redirects to the generic <3 for no apparent reason.

Tagging those as *_pattern doesn't make sense, not when other pattern tags such as pattern_background are strictly for repeating patterns. ...a pirate-style skull logo on a cap is not a skull_pattern, as far as I see it.


Genjar said:
Single symbols are often tagged as *_symbol, such as null_symbol. Though those don't differentiate between clothing and other places. And I dunno what happened to skull_symbol and star_symbol, I guess someone decided to wipe those at some point. Maybe the assumption is that searching for something like skull symbol should work, but that seems messy.

The heart_symbol wiki currently redirects to the generic <3 for no apparent reason.

Tagging those as *_pattern doesn't make sense, not when other pattern tags such as pattern_background are strictly for repeating patterns. ...a pirate-style skull logo on a cap is not a skull_pattern, as far as I see it.

Might be best to use *_print then. And then, for *_pattern tags, we'll have them imply their *_print tags

All *_pattern tags are *_print tags, but not all prints will be a pattern (a la a single heart on a shirt rather than a repeating pattern of hearts, etc)


Coloured insides/genitalia. Been looking for a tag but haven’t found one. Seems popular enough to be one. The See below:

https://e621.net/post/show/1023939


Skatole said:
Coloured insides/genitalia. Been looking for a tag but haven’t found one. Seems popular enough to be one. The See below:

https://e621.net/post/show/1023939

There is [color]_pussy/penis don't know anything about an 'oddly_colored_genitalia' tag though.


Skatole said:
Coloured insides/genitalia. Been looking for a tag but haven’t found one. Seems popular enough to be one. The See below:

https://e621.net/post/show/1023939

That picture is already tagged blue_anus and blue_penis.


Is there a tag for images that mimic the source from which a character is (or the copyright)? Like it could be mistaken with official artwork?


MyNameIsOver20charac said:
There is [color]_pussy/penis don't know anything about an 'oddly_colored_genitalia' tag though.

Yeah I’ve been searching the wiki today and I can’t seem to find one. Should definitely be a tag imo, it’s fairly common.


SnowWolf said:
That picture is already tagged blue_anus and blue_penis.

I know, but I was looking for a tag for coloured genitalia in general. There’s a tag for ‘coloured_cum’, which is much less common.


Skatole said:
I know, but I was looking for a tag for coloured genitalia in general. There’s a tag for ‘coloured_cum’, which is much less common.

Sounds like the job for an implication...you should probably suggest one. Something like blue_peniscolored_penis and blue_peniscolored_genitalia. Then go through and do that for all the unusual colors.

Onto my question...is there a tag for shorts that look as though they have been cut away at the bottom? Like they were pants but now they're shorts?

absurd_res accessory blue_skin bottomwear breasts capcom cleavage clothed clothing cutoffs denim denim_clothing denim_shorts ear_piercing eyes_closed female green_hair hair headband hi_res humanoid monster_girl_(genre) navel not_furry official_art piercing rottytops shantae_(series) shirt shorts simple_background solo stitch_(disambiguation) tank_top topwear undead unknown_artist video_games wayforward zombie

Rating: Safe
Score: 19
User: Juni221
Date: July 17, 2014


Dyrone said:
Onto my question...is there a tag for shorts that look as though they have been cut away at the bottom? Like they were pants but now they're shorts?

absurd_res accessory blue_skin bottomwear breasts capcom cleavage clothed clothing cutoffs denim denim_clothing denim_shorts ear_piercing eyes_closed female green_hair hair headband hi_res humanoid monster_girl_(genre) navel not_furry official_art piercing rottytops shantae_(series) shirt shorts simple_background solo stitch_(disambiguation) tank_top topwear undead unknown_artist video_games wayforward zombie

Rating: Safe
Score: 19
User: Juni221
Date: July 17, 2014

cutoffs


darryus said:
cutoffs

Doh...should have know...forgot what they were called.

What about this? https://us.rule34.xxx//images/2575/6d5fdfb7404059cbcbee503cc534b738.jpeg?2860404

Those piercings that are essentially just spikes shoved through her skin? Is there a tag for that?

Also...is there a tag for when a limb has been replaced with a weapon?


Dyrone said:
What about this? https://us.rule34.xxx//images/2575/6d5fdfb7404059cbcbee503cc534b738.jpeg?2860404

Those piercings that are essentially just spikes shoved through her skin? Is there a tag for that?

Umm... there's surface piercing which kinda might be what that is, otherwise no.

Also...is there a tag for when a limb has been replaced with a weapon?

It doesn't look like there is a tag for that, at least not under any tag name that I was able to find, or tagged on any characters with similar prosthesis.