Topic: "Do we have a tag for that" thread

Dyrone said:
English is a crazy language because so many things are just left unnamed until a someone basically comes along and gives them a good name that sticks.

Did you know "elbow" wasn't a real word until Shakespeare invented it? Yep, up until that time there was just no good word for that particular part of the body. Seems crazy to me. Dude invented a crazy amount of words we take for granted today

Maybe there should just be a tag for "threatening_gesture" because there are quite a few that just don't have names afaik...drawing your finger across your throat (basically meaning "I'm gunna slit your throat")...outstretched hands like you're choking an invisible throat. Even forming your hands into a claw-like posture like you're going to grab someone...all of these don't have name afaik but could all easily be thrown into a "threatening_gesture" tag.

We have a suggestive_gesture tag with some tags within it already, so a threatening_gesture with a small list of tags within it could work. Then again, gestures can mean different things in different places and may not always be sexual, threatening, etc.

For example, fig_sign can mean denial, warding off jealousy, female genitalia, sex and I've got your nose. Whether it's offensive or not depends on where you do it. Which gesture are you forming when you make a v_sign behind someone's head, cuckold's_horns or bunny ears?

Danbooru calls forming your hands into a claw-like posture claw_pose.

Edit: Wikipedia calls the throat cutting gesture "Throat slash" and "cut-throat".

Updated by anonymous