Topic: [e621 Code of Conduct] Official changes, questions and answers

NotMeNotYou said:
Rather significant update: All records will now slowly "decay" in 6 month intervals. This means that any negative record old enough will become a neutral, and then eventually being deleted. So if you haven't broken the rules in a couple years you're actually now able to get back to a pristine account.

Actual text on the CoC:

This is not something that is performed by the page itself but instead must be done manually by a member of staff, so if you have old records that qualify please let one of us know and we'll clean them up for you.

As far as I know, this change is not new, because at least unofficially, this was perhaps already a year ago already applied to at least one user. This I found at that time already unfair, since one had simply so 2 negatives had cleared.

I think it is very good to be able to clean up his mistakes of the past, but I have to think about the change. Instead of deleting the negatives of the past, I'd rather give the counter to 0 digits or a positive as a reward for reasonable behavior. That would be better in my opinion, because you will see in your solution later no longer whether a user, with which there are problems, already had problems in the past when his negative records are deleted.

German - Deutsch

So weit ich weiß ist diese Änderung nicht neu, denn zumindest inoffiziell wurde diese vor vielleicht einem Jahr schon bei mindestens einem User angewandt. Dies fand ich zu jener Zeit schon unfair, da man einfach so 2 Negative gelöscht hatte.

Ich finde es durchaus gut das man seine Fehler der Vergangenheit wieder bereinigen kann, doch habe ich bei der Änderung etwas bedenken. Statt die Negativen der Vergangenheit zu löschen, würde ich eher den Zähler auf 0 Stellen oder ein Positives als Belohnung für vernünftiges Verhalten geben. Das wäre meiner Meinung nach besser, denn ihr seht bei eurer Lösung später nicht mehr ob ein User, mit dem es Probleme gibt, bereits in der Vergangenheit Probleme gab, wenn seine negativen Records gelöscht sind.

Updated by anonymous