Topic: Obtaining the highest-resolution images from Tumblr

plsignore said:
Unfortunately, the 1280 version has been the 'standard' for a long time. I have a hunch most images uploaded here which come from tumblr are shrunken.

...you are got to be fucking shitting me. I actually tried to search about this for long time, but every single site always told that _1280 is only highest quality version. This is actually pretty huge game changer.

I did know that with videos you actually had to remove that part completely to not get capped at 720p or 480p.

I have updated my sweet wiki page to reflect this. https://e621.net/wiki/show/howto:sites_and_sources#tumblr

Ledian said:
earliest images with raw version seems to be from 2013. when i tried with some images from 2012, i got error message.

edit: okay so image posted on december 13 2012 gave me the raw image without issues but image posted on two days earlier and everything before that gave me error message instead

I guess this helps a bit that now only 80% of images need replacing instead of 90% I guess :|

Also artists who have relied on sites downscaling their content for them, especially if they have patreon, rip I guess.

Dogenzaka said:
The height resize actually caps out at 1920 it seems.

Yes. 1280x1920, whichever dimension comes first.

Updated by anonymous