Topic: Tag-locking and inconsistencies.

It's time again for another one of those topics. Much as I'd love to just leave it alone, I'm getting more than a little tired of this sort of thing coming up in my searches:
post #1297490
post #1316217
Both of these images have a wide-hipped, flat-chested character depicted, yet one of them was locked to crossdressing male despite appearing female in every way but cup size, while the other was locked to female despite appearing very much like a crossdressing male or an ambiguous gender at minimum. Otherwise, the first one should be not be tagged male, since the same logic has been used to determine female pretty frequently for a long time.. but there's a dissonance here that needs to be addressed before it spreads.

At this point, I realise that pushing for different gender-tagging standards is like moving the moon, but could we at least be consistent about enforcing what's already been decided? If one image is locked to female because of wide hips and eyelashes, that should apply to all images where those are the primary indicators, regardless of personal opinion. Otherwise we're just making an already-unreliable search even more of a headache.

Updated by MagnusEffect