Topic: Net Neutrality and E621.net - A dystopian tale

SnowWolf

Former Staff

fox_whisper85 said:
Do you honestly believe writing and calling our Senators, reps, etc, with our concerns is going to somehow stop this from being repealed? Even if it is stopped, how do you know these losers won't try again?

Yes, actually.

And honestly, yes.

The last year's been a really diffficult one, and there has been a LOT of things brought into congress that are pretty horrifying. People are contacting their senators and stating their opinions in ways that we haven't in the decades gone past.

I've heard and read numerous accounts of how shocked some people are at how many calls they're getting. People are becoming more involved than they ever have. It's absolutely certain that some government representatives are gonna fuck off and do what they want (I live in alabama, I know ALL ABOUT people fucking off and doing what they want)... but if you get 2 phone calls a week, and suddenly that inflates to 130 phone calls a week all saying "DON'T SUPPORT THIS"... then you have to consider that for every person that is calling, there are thousands remaining silent.. thousands that you will upset by going against. Thousands that will be involved in reelecting you next time.

and man, this last election we had a few weeks ago? a LOT of districts flipped. a LOT of people are getting out and voting.

They have a lot of motivation to listen to us, especially when we tell them that it's a bad thing.

Don't discount the power of your voice.

and yes, they'll try again, and again and again, but we just need to keep saying NO. Because they're trying to wear us down. That doesn't mean we should just roll over and accept it.

Updated by anonymous