Topic: Tag Alias: blush_stickers -> blush_sticker

Dyrone said:
yeah, but the problem here is that whatever you come up with will overlap severely with blush_stickers. What is a marking, and what is blush? There are very very few images like this one that have the fidelity to tell for certain. For instance Kirby always has what I would consider to be blush_stickers on his face:

post #679782

So...is that a marking or is he just constantly blushing? That's pretty much unknowable. With pikachu his cheek markings are such a deep red that it's pretty well understood that they have to be a marking, whereas with other characters it's unclear, and thus they shouldn't be tagged as a marking. That's why I'm saying the tag is going to be 99% pikachu...there's a lot less ambiguity with something like flaming_tail...I mean...you see a fire on a tail it can really only be one thing.

As you say, there is some ambiguity in the matter. The best answer that I have is that there isn't a best answer.

There's clearly a want for a cheek-marking tag, though.

I'd probably take it via artistic clues myself-- pikachu's cheek spots typically have an outline, so, I'd assume that to be a marking where a blush typically wouldn't.

That said, I don't think anyone looking for a cheek marking, or a blush sticker would be angry to find that kirby, so I'd probably tag both. Or neither. *shrugs*

That said, I think we're all very open to alternate ideas that are better suited to the problem, if you have anything :)

Updated by anonymous