Topic: Username history

NotMeNotYou said:
We admins can still see the full history and all types of records and tickets use the User-ID instead. The actual amount of abuse is going to be heavily limited since reporting someone will still show up as the same person to us.

Oh I don't doubt that-- I jsut know that I would be one of those peopel who thinks about, but doesn't report someone who's annoying me... y'know. I'm a big girl, I can deal with someone being a bit of a jerk. Worst case scenario I.. Oh.. well that is an interesting question.

e621:blacklist says that you can blacklist specific users (... actually, I think I wrote the original text for that, once upon a time.... Neat!) by blacklisting, say, user:snowwolf ...and you can "Apply Blacklisted Users to Forum Posts, Comments, Dmails, and Blip"...

... this obviously isn't a problem specific to not seeing history of name changes, but... ... can a user just change their name to get around someone's efforts to block them...? Or I mean, that doesn't even have to be malicious in nature...

I mean, I guess it's been that way for ages and hasn't really been a problem... just got me thinking that now there'd be no way for someone to see that bloodandgoreforever changed their name to gutsandbeauty and that's why their blacklist seems to be broken. which really isn't that big of a deal. Just... thinking.

Updated by anonymous