Topic: Admins, what are some of the worst things that has happened on this website?

Dyrone said:
I doubt this is a topic they're keen on discussing. If you tell people basically the worst and most frustrating ways they could potentially screw up this website then some troll is going to basically use that information to do the same thing again.

Damn right. While transparency is generally a necessity for good government, there's got to be a balance. You can't just be putting everything out there, all the time.

That being said, this thread has thankfully quickly morphed into a kind of history lesson. A very entertaining one, at that. Wow, “bat week”, “fuck off”. Damn. One might well say this is the stuff of legends! I'm kind of sad I wasn't really active for all those years.

Personally I would love to tell artists to get fucked. You put something up on the internet on FA or whatever idc if you say "DIS IS MINE DON REPOST OR ELSE REEEEEE"...you put it out there, it belongs to the internet now. You wanna protect your shit put it behind a paywall like Patreon, but if you put it on a free platform people are going to take it, that's kind of the price you pay for building your brand. Not saying I would post DNP material here, but in my own perfect world that type of thing would be allowed.

Ah, the age-old tension between private interests and public utility! SnowWolf already kind of answered all your questions, there. I'll just add that you should instead imagine a perfect world with a sensible copyright law and mechanisms to enforce it, not just one that works well for Disney. Mickey Mouse is your enemy, not everyday artists that are just people like you and me. In that world… we'll all be… we'll all be...
~magic friends~
Wanna join the joyride
Be a joyrider

Sorry… I'm getting way too far out on a poetic limb, here. I'm not a cat, so I better get back dow..--WHOA!

Updated by anonymous