Topic: Ruined_Orgasm Tag Aliased to Invalid_Tag

Dyrone said:
The work was just put in. CrocoGator went through every single post. I'm sure if the tag was still valid he would have cleaned them up in the process and the tag would be in great shape. Unfortunately we decided to invalidate it.

Why yes, that's right! But why?

CrocoGator said:
This thread annoys me, so I'm going to post for no reason.

Because nobody had bothered to do the work beforehand. The work was done after the tag was deleted, because the guy wanted to prove a point to you guys who are arguing in favor of it. You didn't do your job beforehand, which makes Genjar's statement correct. Do the work from the beginning or suffer the wrath of an invalid tag.

I don't like this idea that because something is a clusterfuck it's best to just throw a stick of dynamite at it and turn it into a smoking crater. Let it be a clusterfuck...maybe warn the people who are misusing the tag to stop it from becoming more of a clusterfuck, then just WAIT. Someone will eventually clean it up, and in the meantime it's not like it's hurting anyone.

And there's the bit that hurts. "Eventually." We don't rely on eventualities, we deal in the now. If you wanted it so bad, why didn't you take care of it yourself? Clearly, nobody who was interested in the tag was interested enough if nobody did so.

Have enough interest now? Well then:

SnowWolf said:
--useful argument--

This is why a set is better suited.

And after it's in a set, it can *always* be moved into a tag instead, if a good argument is made.

Show your dedication by keeping a vigilant watch for these things and maintaining a set. Invite others who show interest to maintain it as well, and submod your own set by sending a message to people who you feel aren't quite grasping your idea (Be polite, though!), or if people are outright vandalizing it after being invited, kick them off the maintenance team (Sets are user based projects, you'll have to take responsibility over your own sets, not rely on admins to do it).

Updated by anonymous