Tag Implication: lifts-her-tail -> lusty_argonian_maid

In category: Tag Alias and Implication Suggestions

I think it should be reversed, and ought to be an alias.

Clawdragons said:

It seems people are also using the tag for posts that simply reference the meta-novel itself without containing the titular maid. ex:

2016 absurd_res anthro anthrofied big_breasts breasts clothing cranidos crossover_fanart feather_duster female gshtkatt hi_res legwear licking lust lusty_argonian_maid maid_uniform nintendo pokémon pokémon_(species) pokémorph reptile scalie skyrim stockings the_elder_scrolls tongue tongue_out traditional_media_(artwork) uniform upskirt video_games white_panties

Rating: Questionable
Score: 8
User: Cat-in-Flight
Date: July 05, 2017 blush capcom clothing dragon english_text female feral lusty_argonian_maid maid_uniform membranous_wings monster_hunter parody rathian scalie solo text uniform unknown_artist video_games wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 22
User: Juni221
Date: October 13, 2013 4:3 black_sclera bludragoon blush clothing female feral gabite looking_at_viewer lusty_argonian_maid maid_uniform nintendo pokémon pokémon_(species) solo text uniform unown video_games yellow_eyes

Score: 15
Date: August 23, 2013

Perhaps it should be disambiguated to lusty_argonian_maid_(copyright)? Feels weird, especially for a non-existent book without any real copyright information...

Another issue arises as the character has no actual canon appearance, so we're left to rely on either external knowledge, or just assume any Argonian in a maid_uniform is her.

Genjar
Former Staff
13 days ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 280
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

anonymousanalogue said:
Another issue arises as the character has no actual canon appearance, so we're left to rely on either external knowledge--

Characters can be tagged by outside information, so that's no problem.

But I think we might need an another tag for Valsalia's character (pool #11903), since there's fanart specifically of her.

*squints a bit*

So.. just to make sure I"m operating on the right page:

Within the Elder scrolls world, there's a book, called "the lusty argonian maid", which stars a character named Lifts Her Tail?

Clawdragons said:

I disagree, as the Lusty Argonian Maid is the title of a book/story/franchise, and Lifts Her Tail is a character in it.

A character implies a franchise, a franchise will not always imply a character (excepting, of course, a franchise where there is only a single character. Does such a thing exist? I'm sure it does.)

anonymousanalogue said:
It seems people are also using the tag for posts that simply reference the meta-novel itself without containing the titular maid. ex:

2016 absurd_res anthro anthrofied big_breasts breasts clothing cranidos crossover_fanart feather_duster female gshtkatt hi_res legwear licking lust lusty_argonian_maid maid_uniform nintendo pokémon pokémon_(species) pokémorph reptile scalie skyrim stockings the_elder_scrolls tongue tongue_out traditional_media_(artwork) uniform upskirt video_games white_panties

Date: July 05, 2017 blush capcom clothing dragon english_text female feral lusty_argonian_maid maid_uniform membranous_wings monster_hunter parody rathian scalie solo text uniform unknown_artist video_games wings

Date: October 13, 2013 4:3 black_sclera bludragoon blush clothing female feral gabite looking_at_viewer lusty_argonian_maid maid_uniform nintendo pokémon pokémon_(species) solo text uniform unown video_games yellow_eyes

Perhaps it should be disambiguated to lusty_argonian_maid_(copyright)? Feels weird, especially for a non-existent book without any real copyright information...

I don't really see why it should. Anyone looking for something about the Lusty Argonian maid will probably be interested in any of that. If they specifically want argonians they can search for lusty_argonian_maid argonian

Another issue arises as the character has no actual canon appearance, so we're left to rely on either external knowledge, or just assume any Argonian in a maid_uniform is her.

I'd say that seems fair enough.

We can recognize a number of characters/franchises based off of very little information:

2017 ambiguous_gender bivalve black_eyes broom brown_fur clam cloud cryptid-creations english_text eyewear feral fur glasses golden_snitch harry_potter harry_potter_(character) humor mammal marine mollusk mustelid otter pun scarf shell sky solo text white_fur wings

Score: 10
User: Clawstripe
Date: January 17, 2018 2007 ambiguous_gender black_hair bridle brown_fur clothed clothing equine eyewear feral fully_clothed fur glasses green_eyes hair harry_potter harry_potter_(character) hooves horse mammal map saddle_blanket scar silverglass19 solo wand

Score: 10
User: SnowWolf
Date: December 11, 2017 2017 ambiguous_gender anthro clothed clothing cryptid-creations duo english_text feral fur green_scales grey_fur harry_potter humor magic_user mammal open_mouth pun red_eyes reptile rodent scales scalie simple_background snake text tongue tongue_out voldemort vole wand white_background white_scales yellow_eyes

Score: 6
Date: January 17, 2018 2017 ambiguous_gender blue_eyes blush feral fish harry_potter humor kacey magic_user marine open_mouth pufferfish pun scarf solo sparkles visual_pun wand

Score: 7
Date: June 27, 2017 2016 alasou alpha_channel anthro anthrofied clothed clothing crossover equine eyewear female friendship_is_magic glasses hair harry_potter hi_res holding_object horn long_hair looking_at_viewer mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony princess_celestia_(mlp) purple_eyes simple_background solo transparent_background unicorn wand

User: ultragamer89
Date: June 11, 2016 2017 alternate_species bovine cattle famosity female feral friendship_is_magic horn mammal my_little_pony simple_background solo teats twilight_sparkle_(mlp) udders white_background wings

User: 2DUK
Date: May 04, 2017 2015 <3 alternate_species ambiguous_gender eeveelution ichthy0stega lagomorph mammal nintendo pokémon pokémon_(species) rabbit solo sylveon video_games

User: theultra
Date: June 10, 2018

Anyway, even if it's 'cosplay' so to speak, it's still appropriate, I think.

SnowWolf said:
I disagree, as the Lusty Argonian Maid is the title of a book/story/franchise, and Lifts Her Tail is a character in it.

A character implies a franchise, a franchise will not always imply a character (excepting, of course, a franchise where there is only a single character. Does such a thing exist? I'm sure it does.)

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that Lifts-Her-Tail is the singular character in the "franchise" that is the Lusty Argonian Maid. Every post involving the Lusty Argonian Maid also involves Lifts-Her-Tail, and it's hard to think of any exception to the rule.

Even the examples given can more or less be pretty convincingly argued that the character is cosplaying / playacting as Lifts-Her-Tail.

So in short, I think this is exactly the example you're referring to - a franchise with a single character.

Clawdragons said:
I might be wrong, but it seems to me that Lifts-Her-Tail is the singular character in the "franchise" that is the Lusty Argonian Maid. Every post involving the Lusty Argonian Maid also involves Lifts-Her-Tail, and it's hard to think of any exception to the rule.

Even the examples given can more or less be pretty convincingly argued that the character is cosplaying / playacting as Lifts-Her-Tail.

So in short, I think this is exactly the example you're referring to - a franchise with a single character.

Indeed not! The in game text of these books includes another character: Crantius Colto. He thinks that Lifts-Her-Tail has strong legs and a shapely tail, and would like very much if she would polish his spear. And knead his loaf. So that it may hit in her oven. There is also "the mistress" who is a looming threat. ;)

All in all though:

lifts-her-tail = 119
lusty_argonian_maid - 117
lusty_argonian_maid -lifts-her-tail = 31
lusty_argonian_maid -argonian = 13 pictures
lifts-her-tail -lusty_argonian_maid = 33 pictures

What does it mean?

I"m still opposed to lusty_argonian_maid implying lifts-her-tail ... especially as I could easily imagine a stereotypical master-type character saying to the viewer "Polish my spear" ... and then, it's a Lusty Argonian Maid reference, and presumably Crantius Colto.

It's a bit of a stretch, but I don't see a reason to break our usual rules, anyway.

Genjar
Former Staff
12 days ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 280
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

SnowWolf said:
I"m still opposed to lusty_argonian_maid implying lifts-her-tail

Same.
2016 <3 <3_eyes alpha_channel female guzma_(pokemon) human human_focus male mammal nintendo parody pokémon pokémon_(species) pokémon_trainer reading salazzle simple_background skyrim solo text the_elder_scrolls transparent_background unknown_artist video_games

Score: 128
User: Rad_Dudesman
Date: November 18, 2016

I'm not sure if that should have the lusty_argonian_maid tag, but even if it doesn't... too many potential problems for the implication.

SnowWolf said:

anonymousanalogue said:

I don't really see why it should. Anyone looking for something about the Lusty Argonian maid will probably be interested in any of that. If they specifically want argonians they can search for lusty_argonian_maid argonian

The second and third, sure, but that first one in no way suggests the Lusty Argonian Maid. It's just a Cranidos in a maid uniform.

Furrin_Gok said:
The second and third, sure, but that first one in no way suggests the Lusty Argonian Maid. It's just a Cranidos in a maid uniform.

I actually spent about 5 minutes making an arguement for hte third image before I realized that you were talking about the first one. Whoops.

yeah, the first one doesn't day anything but sexy maid. --it's the arti'sts information and title which provide the connection. It probably shouldn't be tagged that way

SnowWolf said:
I actually spent about 5 minutes making an arguement for hte third image before I realized that you were talking about the first one. Whoops.

yeah, the first one doesn't day anything but sexy maid. --it's the arti'sts information and title which provide the connection. It probably shouldn't be tagged that way

I assume TWYK would extend to copyright tags in this case? The same way pony OC's and Fakemon still get tagged with the original work they're inspired by, the Cranidos could technically be a Lusty Argonian Maid "fan-character" if the artist's word indicates it.

SnowWolf said:

I"m still opposed to lusty_argonian_maid implying lifts-her-tail ...

I'm suggesting the opposite, unless maybe I filled out the form wrong. Lifts-her-tail is a character from The Lusty Argonian Maid as well as Bethesda's TES franchise, so it'd make sense to imply it as such. Although looking at the stats you provided it seems like that would really only change around 30 posts, it'd still be useful for improving consistency between the two tags.

Genjar said:
But I think we might need an another tag for Valsalia's character (pool #11903), since there's fanart specifically of her.

That one is an extra confusing case, as the character in Valsalia's comic is actually the Skyrim protagonist transformed and mind-controlled into role-playing as Lifts-her-tail... Would putting the_dragonborn_(valsalia) alongside lifts-her-tail make sense in this situation?

anonymousanalogue said:
I assume TWYK would extend to copyright tags in this case? The same way pony OC's and Fakemon still get tagged with the original work they're inspired by, the Cranidos could technically be a Lusty Argonian Maid "fan-character" if the artist's word indicates it.

I'm not sure that pony OCs are supposed to be tagged MLP... but I dunno.

I'm suggesting the opposite, unless maybe I filled out the form wrong. Lifts-her-tail is a character from The Lusty Argonian Maid as well as Bethesda's TES franchise, so it'd make sense to imply it as such. Although looking at the stats you provided it seems like that would really only change around 30 posts, it'd still be useful for improving consistency between the two tags.

Nah, you've got it right-- but Clawdragons was suggesting the reverse. :)

SnowWolf said:
I'm not sure that pony OCs are supposed to be tagged MLP... but I dunno.

It seems like a fairly consistent convention. pony fan_character solo returns 16 pages of results, and pony fan_character solo -mlp returns around thirty posts in total. It also helps everyone looking to blacklist mlp results.

EDIT: Apparently that's incorrect, and OC's in an MLP style don't warrant an MLP copyright. Nifty, but a lot of work to fix...