m621 for Android - Search/view posts, pool support, pool update notifications & more!

In category: e621 Tools and Applications

Features

• Searching and viewing posts
  • Pool support. Posts that are in a pool have a view pool button, where you can sequentially view the pool like a massive comic strip.
  • Integration with your e621 account. Upvoting, downvoting and favouriting.
  • Pool subscriptions - get notified when your favourite pools update!
  • Simple top-down layout
  • Fast and responsive (lots of caching)

View Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ZJRydiw (slightly out of date)

▼ Future Plans
  • View comments (I've already written the DText parser for this)
  • Make comments
  • Pool index
  • Blacklist
  • Tag subscriptions (get notified for new posts from a search)

And in the more distant future...

• Basic offline viewing
  • Blips, DMail and forum support
▼ Current Issues
  • The cache size setting doesn't actually do anything yet (it's locked at 250MB, so make sure you have room for this on your phone!)
  • If you browse in too deep, the app may run out of RAM and crash
  • You cannot view beyond page 750 because of e621 API limitations, I'll make a workaround for this at some point.

Feedback and suggestions are encouraged!

Installation

This app isn't on the Play Store (they don't allow NSFW apps, but I will put it on the Amazon App Store eventually). You must enable Unknown Sources (Settings > Security > Unknown Sources).

The app will automatically prompt you to update when updates are available.

Requires Android Lollipop 5.0 or higher.

Downloads

Really nice app thanks can't wait to see more. When will the next update be?

I'v always wanted an e6 mobile app, i'm going to have to check this out

nadiataur said:
Really nice app thanks can't wait to see more. When will the next update be?

Xamarin problems are fixed so development is underway again.

Working on pool notifications but I'm not sure when it'll be ready to release.

Seems like a cool app! Do you think of releasing it on other platforms? (iOS, Windows Phone)

f1shster said:
Seems like a cool app! Do you think of releasing it on other platforms? (iOS, Windows Phone)

I'd love to but unfortunately it's not really practical. Supporting Android is hard enough xP

iOS in particular wouldn't be possible because I'd need a Mac to compile the code and I'd have to get the app onto to App Store.

And Windows Phone doesn't really have the marketshare for it to be worth the time.

I would like to remake m621.net one day for the people that don't have Android or don't want to install the app but that's more of a distant future thing.

Apps working really nice got it running on my x86 tablet. Whens the next update coming and what do we get?

iOS in particular wouldn't be possible because I'd need a Mac to compile the code and I'd have to get the app onto to App Store.

Would making a hackintosh not work?

Also, you don’t have to upload the App to the AppStore, you can just upload it and we could sideload it with Cydia Impactor or some signing service

F

e621NetUser said:

Also, you don’t have to upload the App to the AppStore, you can just upload it and we could sideload it with Cydia Impactor or some signing service

They would have to rewrite the whole app which would suck.

I have Android 4.2.2, fuck this gay earth

nadiataur said:
Apps working really nice got it running on my x86 tablet. Whens the next update coming and what do we get?

Hopefully soon, just been very busy lately.
Pool notifications being the most notable feature upcoming. Also a lot of bug fixes.

e621NetUser said:

It would require essentially rewriting 95% of app and I don't think there'd be enough users for it to be worth it since it'd require a jailbroken device. I also don't own an iOS device myself so it'd make development impractical.

HarryBenson said:
I have Android 4.2.2, fuck this gay earth

Sorry! Supporting old versions is a pain, I have enough trouble supporting 5.0 and above. I intend on broadening the Android version support once the app is matured but probably only to Android 4.4, but I'm not sure yet.

Mitchfizz05 said:

It would require essentially rewriting 95% of app and I don't think there'd be enough users for it to be worth it since it'd require a jailbroken device. I also don't own an iOS device myself so it'd make development impractical.

You don’t actually have to jailbreak your device to sideload apps but yeah, I guess the port is already hard enough

So I've finally updated this!

The biggest new feature being pool subscriptions: subscribe to your favourite pools and get a notification whenever they're updated!

A self updater has also been implemented.

Additionally there have been some small visual changes, significant bug fixes, a loading indicator, and probably some other things I forgot about.

Very nice looking! I hope blacklisting becomes a thing soon :o