Topic: Tag Alias: living_insertion -> vore

I was pretty sure this was brought up like 6 years ago, when the vore pictures were gone through and structure was applied to it all (by which I mean, an umbrella tag was given, aliases, implications were made....)

Well, found the post, and was somewhat amused by this line. Figured I'd share it with you all, so you too can get a laugh out of it too. :)

RedOctober said:
I feel like the best way to separate the om_nom vore from the up_the_butt vore is to make sure om_nom vore pics have "eating" tagged.

Rather amusingly, at the time, all forms of non-mouth-vore were tagged Absorption_vore--a tag that these days refers to goo and slime only, and oral_vore wasn't a thing.

It's fascinating to think about how the tagging system here as become more refined over the years... as well as how the furry art community has changed.

When I was a wee thing, hyper art and macro stuff was rare, unusual and WTF is this?? Doug Winger was absolutely infamous for his hyper and herm characters... and now, that stuff is basically pretty common. A couple years ago, Vore was.. well, It was feasible to go through vore by hand, let me jsut say that... :P

Anyway! The problem with pussy_vore and unbirthing is basically the same problem that a lot of the other vore-related tags have:

It works a lot off of apparent visual intent. how to tell if someone's planning on taking a nap in someone's pussy, or is going to be magically digested? Is consumption part of vore? what about oral vore where the character comes back out later, alive and well? It's all messy and sticky.

...and not in the fun way :P

Unbirthing should ~probably~ be broken up into some ideas like character_in_pussy, character_inside_of_other_character, character_being_melted... and leave the whole 'vore' and 'returning to the womb' ideas out of it, but that requires manual tag work. and if we do that with unbirthing, there are several other vore-types that should be done the same thing to...

...and who has time for THAT?

Updated by anonymous