Topic: Anthro video games

This is a short list, I'm just going to list the ones I'm familiar with. I'd love to hear about some more.

Ever Oasis (3DS)

The one that prompted this post. I just picked it up last week and I'm really enthusiastic about it. Even ignoring the anthro designs, this game is perfect for me - the best I can describe it is if you put Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing in a blender, and made the result more adorable and polished.

Solatorobo (DS), Tail Concerto (PS1)

I only played Solatorobo. The common opinion seems to be that it's not a great game, but it's clear that a lot of love went into the world. If you care much for world building and interesting designs you might want to try these. They're part of LTB, an ongoing passion project by CyberConnect2 that isn't really profitable (not that it needs to be, they have the Naruto games for that). There's lots of supplemental material including three huge art books.

LTB differs from the other items on this list in that it's overtly furry. CyberConnect2 publishes unrelated anthro art books in Japan called The Kemono Magazine.

Pokemon

I used to have the perspective that fans took innocent designs and perverted them into R34. With the release of Salazzle in Gen 7, there's no longer any denying it - Game Freak know exactly what they're doing.

Obvious mentions

• Animal Crossing
  • Undertale

Honorable mentions

• Legend of Zelda for all the fish and bird people
  • Elder Scrolls for all the cat and reptile people
  • Cave Story for all the bunny people

Updated by ikdind