Topic: Changing Caterpillar to a general tag

I'd... argue with this, because while technically true... most people won't tag individual species.

Plus, the layperson has no idea if a caterpillar is from a butterfly or a moth... or a sawfly! Those apparently also are called caterpillars.

How do we tag the species on characters like these?

post #1227975 post #721009 post #512840

I have no idea what species they are. They're caterpillars.

And we're not really into tagging butterflies in general.

our *butter*fly* related species tags:

2156 - butterfly
27 - ambient_butterfly (which should be swapped to a general tag, now that I think about it, along with the other ambient* tags)
7 - butterflyfish
5 - butterfly_humanoid
3 - sodium_butterfly (I don't think this is a species. When I goggle it, I get linked to lots of pages about why butterflies drink tears and muddy water to get sodium. All three of these were tagged by Furrin_Gok -- maybe you can shed some light? :)
3 - Peacock_butterfly - Only one of which actually looks like what I'm seeing on google...
3 - Monarch_butterfly - Probably the most easily identified butterfly out there. Three posts.

In my opinion... If a medieval villager wouldn't have known that they were different species, they probably shouldn't be tagged differently. ;) So.. Butterflies and caterpillars are different, tadpoles and frogs are different... etc :)

but that's my two cents <3

Updated by anonymous