Topic: Tag Alias: wisp -> wisp_(disambiguation)

Dyrone said:
Is there a point to these name disambiguation posts? Do they ever get approved? I looked through quite a few and never saw approval.

Furthermore, can we just admit that disambiguation in general is just terrible. If I search "*_(disambiguation)" there is 127 pages...meaning there's roughly 6,300 images that need individual evaluation on a case by case basis. (this is the part where some smartass comes in and says "DURR HURRR, den why don u do eet?" Because...like many people...I'm just not interested...and that's the problem)

To me the smarter way of dealing with these things would be to...not disambiguate them? When we disambiguate we're merely sequestering those tags to this horrible limbo where no one will ever see them or correct them, at least when they're mixed in all together there is a better chance of someone stumbling upon them organically and deciding to fix them, whereas it's a rather inorganic and rare decision to be like "I'm gunna wade into that disambiguation shitpile and try to fix some today!" Doesn't seem like that's happening very much.

these are not getting approved because nobody is approving ANY implications or aliases. and disambiguation tags are significantly better than having bunch of tags that are random heaps of random unrelated shit thrown into under one tag with no indication anywhere that the tag should not be used. with disambiguation tags you can at least figure out what tags you should and should not be using instead of using bad tags without even getting any sort of pointer that you just used ambiguous bad tag and you should use something else instead.

Updated by anonymous