Topic: Removing noise and watermarks with AI

SnowWolf said:
Well, here's an example.

My sister's an artist. Her daughter's 11 and is a little baby furry. She made up a fursona the other day and my sister, being supportive, drew it for her.

My sister doesn't keep an art gallery, but if she'd posted it somewhere... well, no one really wants their daughter's fursona being used as the face of f-list's latest loli. and while we can indeed say that if she didn't want that to happen, she shouldn't post it online, but we shouldn't *have* to do that.

Or to bring it a little more directly: no one wants their fursona--their "this is me" character-- to be used as the mask over a sockpuppet made to get people off.

It's kind of like realizing someone took pictures off your face book and is using them to catfish people or whatever.

Only in this case, it might be to turn your beloved avatar into a scat-whore, or to make them to focus of a snuff-RP, or...?

I guess the best answer is to say that it makes some people extremely uncomfortable, and that should be reason enough to not do it, right?

It's a drawing. Who cares? Like I've already found one rando that uses mine and like a bazillion other pics as their "forms" or w/e. Seriously, no one respects the characters that are made for cartoon shows and the like so why would anyone expect their characters to not get taken and turned into RP fodder by other randoms?

It's really simple. The internet is the world sharing ideas and information. If you don't want to share certain ideas or information you don't put it on the internet. It's like having a big ass cork board everyone in the town pins stuff up on. Sure. You can pin stuff up in a "secure" section that's gated off and that puts stapled pieces of paper over whatever you post so no one else that's a good person can see it. If you're lucky it'll stay that way always but if you're not so lucky someone else is going to have the staple remover for your staples and is going to release your docs *everywhere* after they take off that security paper.

It's not a "shouldn't have to worry" scenario. That's what the internet has always been, what it was conceived to be. A massive platform where people share. How you can reasonably expect your stuff to never get shared when you upload or otherwise put it on the internet I will never know. It's a pipe dream. Completely unrealistic expectations. Naive to the point of being legitimately dangerous to you and others if you think that because you don't get to control who you share to. You can try, you can put locks or guards up but if someone wants badly enough what you're posting they'll get it if you've ever shared it on the internet.

That's how it is. The idea of "share everything with everyone" was something Facebook made popular and it has never been a good idea in the first place. You wouldn't go around posting all of your personal information on every light post and on billboards and the like because you don't want to share that information. So why would you post other things that you don't want to share, that you don't want to be abused, that you don't want taken out of context, etc, etc. So many people don't think before they act these days. That sort of thing gets people fired and ruins lives and then they're surprised and try to play the victim despite the fact, even if they deleted it, their lack of forethought is all over the internet for everyone to see.

Updated by anonymous