Topic: Removing noise and watermarks with AI

Calimero000 said:
I would assume that Patreon immediately suspended this person's account and withheld the money.
My point is: There should be other means to fight that. Whether those means are sufficient I don't know, though.

Yeah, I'm lucky enough to have a large enough fanbase so those things get reported to me quickly. I was able to take his page down within the same day he posted it (it also helped that he was doing the same with other artists' pictures)

I completely agree. Watermarks are a less than ideal way of dealing with that kind of situation, unfortunately it seems to be the only real way of guaranteeing that people in the future know who the artist that crafted the image was (and can't be easily erased from the image, at least not in a way that could be easily hidden or that would take a lot of effort)

AnotherDay said:
It's a drawing. Who cares?

Again, the lack of empathy is unreal. Can you honestly still not see that certain people might not view the world the same way as you do?

If you really want to discuss this by making elaborate analogies, we can also see the art site (FA, e621, etc) as a private building that allows certain people to rent rooms to use to host temporary art expositions. Are you saying that everyone should be ok with a random person from the street coming in and stealing a couple of paintings? (this is just an example btw, I'm well aware that it's a massive oversimplification of the reality just to fit my narrative. But you did the same in your post so it should have the same weight)

Updated by anonymous