Topic: "Do we have a tag for that" thread

Genjar said:
Is there any tag for rocky shores? Such as:
post #1563387 post #1566520 post #1366082

Just tagging those as seaside doesn't seem specific enough. And they don't fit in the beach tag, because that's full of sandy beaches and search-wise it'd likely be most useful if it were kept that way.

I suppose seaside + desolate combo kind of works, if there's no existing tag.

(Also, I noticed that the seaside tag is a bit problematic. Beach can be tagged for lake shores and such, but it implies seaside. Maybe seaside should be renamed to shore..)

Honestly, I hate the idea of 'desolate' for that. White... technically correct, desolate images suggest a lack of life, while the ocean.. well, maybe I'm biased, but water is life.

(I swear I remember something about how some tag was aliased away because it was impossible to tell something about it. It was something like "impossible to tell if it was a lake or an ocean" but I have no idea and can't find anything about it..)

Maybe we should try to... tag sandy_beach and rocky_beach?

In other news, beachrock is a thing...

Oh, I just found rocky shore -- this is the thing.

Maybe it should be... well... rocky_shore?

Hmm...

• rocky_shore implies seaside
  • sandy_beach implies seaside

....beach aliases to sandy_beach?

beach sand turns up about 6.5K results...
beach -sand turns up about 8K. Yuck.

Let's see...

A lot of these are...

post #1597108 post #1593002 - ambiguously on sand, with only some "beach like trappings"
post #1592253 post #1590717 - bikini shots outside?
post #1589071 post #1588091 - in water, with no beach visible.

but there's a lot of legit beach too, so no mass alias.. yuck.

I made an effort last december to clean up the surf tag (as in.. the place where the waves meet the sand... not surfing or surfers)) (though it seems like I didn't do a very good job. Late december was also when I was murderously sick, though, so who knows what happened. Actually really confused on that. I remember spending hours at this, but it's still a mess...)

Anyway... I'd love to see the seaside tagged more descriptively.

Beach, and sandy_beach and rocky_beach and surf (shoreline?) and rocky_shore and beach_rocks and... stuff!

but... 15K posts.

You could probably "zoom" through beach sand and tag "sandy_beach" quickly, but. there's still the other 60% of the tag....

Updated by anonymous