Topic: Tag Alias: <3 -> heart

SnowWolf

Former Staff

darryus said:
and how all of the mlp characters have them to distinguish the pony versions (*_(mlp)) from the human versions (*_(eg)) even though the human versions are a pretty rare sights on here (and I don't think all the characters even have human versions).

Dyrone said:
Again...you're pulling this out of your ass...I've actually had several discussions as to why all the ponies all have the (mlp) suffix and the answer is almost always "eh, it just sort of happened, and now we just do it out of habit." Not once was differentiating them from their EG counterparts mentioned...which doesn't even make sense btw considering the full name of the Equestria Girls series is "My Little Pony: Equestria Girls"...IT STILL HAS "MY LITTLE PONY" IN IT.

Actually, it was because there were a lot of characters who's names would otherwise be confused with other characters, objects, nouns, etc. (Rarity, Big Mac, Bonbon, applejack, luna, colgate, discord, gilda, snails, angel...)

When those aliases were initially conceived, Equestria Girls wasn't a thing yet.

Generally speaking, there were a lot of fan names for background characters, varying spelling (pinkypie, pinkie_pie, pinky_pie, pinkie_pie...) and missspellings (pinkamina, pinkamena)...

And quite bluntly, there are well over 1000 *_(mlp) tags -- trying to remember if it was razzleberry or razzleberry_(mlp) was futility, so the simple answer is that they are *all* *_(mlp)

source: Was admin, made aliases.

also, y'all calm it down. the salt in here is raising my blood pressure, and my doctor says that that is bad.

Updated by anonymous