Topic: Tag Alias: <3 -> heart

Dyrone said:
Aliasing <3 &rarr; heart

Reason:

Currently there is a mixed standard wherein some heart tags are spelled with a <3 and others are spelled with heart. Reversing this alias would be a first step to establishing some consistency among these tags. Also a tag that involves a symbol like this just seems out of place on the site.

Some might argue that this change might make it harder to differentiate the tag form heart_(organ) to that I say:

• heart_(organ) is a very small tag (111 posts) especially compared to the current <3 tag which sits at 80,000+. I don't think we should let this extremely rare need for disambiguation completely define how we handle the tag, especially considering how we name this main tag cascades into so many corresponding tags.
  • with other heart-related tags this is a non-issue. For instance with <3_eyes never have I seen a literal heart in the eyes of a character...same goes for things like <3_censor, <3_marking etc.
  • there will still be a mention of heart_(organ) on the heart wiki page to help people understand the difference.

Umm yeah I don't think that's gonna happen

Updated by anonymous