[1.11] Material e621

In category: e621 Tools and Applications

> Open Material e621 <

> Full changelog <

> Preview (Imgur) <

You will get a option to view a quick introduction when you visit the page.

Examples to try out:

A quick overview:

  • Favoriting and commenting
  • Tag and pool autocomplete
  • Post suggester
  • Bulk download
  • Customization
    • Blog, Masonry, Grid layout
    • Themes
  • Blacklist
  • Mobile friendly mode
  • ... and much more

New in version 1.10

  • Improved page meta
  • Fixed memory leak
  • Fixed download estimate
  • Improved extended download progress

New in version 1.11

  • Fixed wrong icon names
  • Improved blacklist

Updating from v1.6 or below

Due to problems with the service worker refresh, you might experience a bug where the service worker doesn't get updated. First, you should try restarting your browser. If that doesn't help, open your browser's console (usually F12 or CTRL SHIFT C), navigate to Console, paste the following snippet and hit enter.

window.navigator.serviceWorker
  .getRegistrations()
  .then(re => re.map(r => Promise.all([r.update(), r.unregister()])))
  .then(p => Promise.all(p))
  .then(() => caches.keys())
  .then(keys => keys.map(key => caches.delete(key)))
  .then(p => Promise.all(p))
  .then(() => window.location.reload());

Will this client ever have a bulk upload feature in the future?


DiceLovesBeingBlown said:
Will this client ever have a bulk upload feature in the future?

Sure, I can try to add bulk uploading.


Hi, I have to say that this is a really good job! One thing that I would like to want on the page would be the possibility to choose the page you want more than the infinite scrolling. Thank you for making this and sorry for my english.


>infinite scrolling
pls no
That's memory killer for sure


Great job!

Is there a way to import blacklists from e6?


Material e621 Version 1.5 went live minutes ago. Come check it out and make sure to read the change log above.

Nexten said:
Hi, I have to say that this is a really good job! One thing that I would like to want on the page would be the possibility to choose the page you want more than the infinite scrolling. Thank you for making this and sorry for my english.

Thanks. I have added pagination, but it has some limitations. Choosing pages is really difficult because the e621 API doesn't provide a maximum page number for a given query. This means that you can only go forward one page at a time.
You can enable pagination in settings > loading > pagination.

Untamed said:
>infinite scrolling
pls no
That's memory killer for sure

You're right, infinite scrolling has some performance drawbacks. The memory isn't the only limiting factor. A page with ~1000 posts with "force full resolution images" might only use 2000MB of memory but scrolling already starts to lag a bit, which is likely caused by the CPU.
The framework I am using (Vue) rerenders the whole list of posts when new posts are fetched. There are libraries that enable me to only render visible posts, but they don't work well with the current layout, especially masonry.
You can enable pagination in settings > loading > pagination.

OmegaUmbra said:
Great job!

Is there a way to import blacklists from e6?

You can now paste your e621 blacklist in the blacklist dialog. All metatags except "rating:" and multiple tags per row are not supported (trailing tags will be removed).

DiceLovesBeingBlown said:
Will this client ever have a bulk upload feature in the future?

You may want to have a look at settings > other > experimental features > top right > login > top right again > bulk uploader. It's pretty self-explanatory. Fields starting with "master" are added to every post. Clicking on a row in the table shows a preview of all entered data. You can upload all posts in the table using the proxy you chose when logging in by clicking submit. I will probably add nicer success dialog later.


Thanks for you app. Do you plan to make it open-source ?


karrex said:
Thanks for you app. Do you plan to make it open-source ?

To be honest, I'm not sure. Right now, the code is a mess and I can't imagine someone reading through it voluntarily.

But when I'm done adding some more features and refactoring the source code, I might go open source. I don't know how long that will take though.


Version 1.10 is available right now.


Hm, for some reason, when I have pagination on, the < and > to switch pages are instead "CHEVRON_LEFT" and "CHEVRON_RIGHT". Kinda bothers me with how it looks, since they take up half of the horizontal space each. Any idea as to what's going on?


CherenTheCat said:
Hm, for some reason, when I have pagination on, the < and > to switch pages are instead "CHEVRON_LEFT" and "CHEVRON_RIGHT". Kinda bothers me with how it looks, since they take up half of the horizontal space each. Any idea as to what's going on?

Good catch. I forgot to change the icon name when switching to materialdesignicons.

Version 1.11 containing the patch will be up soon.


ethereal-wolf said:
Good catch. I forgot to change the icon name when switching to materialdesignicons.

Version 1.11 containing the patch will be up soon.

Oh, nice. Another issue I have sometimes is that the A2HS app sometimes resets it's settings back to what it was when I installed it, so I'm having to make constant backups of my settings and restore them when it happens. it usually seems to happen after the app has been closed.


CherenTheCat said:

Oh, nice. Another issue I have sometimes is that the A2HS app sometimes resets it's settings back to what it was when I installed it, so I'm having to make constant backups of my settings and restore them when it happens. it usually seems to happen after the app has been closed.

Opening the app from the home sets the path to /. In this state, the settings should be restored from storage, but that doesn't happen. Unfortunately, I haven't found the issue causing this and a google search didn't help either. 😦