Topic: [Feature] New upload form

leomole

Former Staff

I like it. I think it will ultimately improve tagging quite a bit. Here's some feedback:

• The floating preview is very nice!
  • The upload page is too long. I suspect that anything beyond one page (like Clawdragons said) will intimidate new users.
  • You can save some space by removing the lines about the Avoid Posting List, Guidelines, etc. Those are all in the upload guide.
  • Combine the first two sections into "Upload" (from files or from URL).
  • The descriptions below "Sources" and "Fetishes" should be hover over to make things cleaner.
  • The Sources field should have grey suggestion text like "https://www.furaffinity.net/view/########/".
  • Change "Character and Artist Names:" to just "Artist". That's much more important.
  • Change "Character Sex, Character Count, and Sexual Pairings:" to just "Characters". Ask for number, then sex, then pairings. This hierarchy makes more sense because if there's no_characters then they don't have to tag sex. Add "character_name" to the suggestion text.
  • Add hover over text for the Species section or a link to the wiki page.
  • Change "Fetishes and Themes" to "Contentious Content". Add not_furry to the suggestion text. Maybe add rape, too.
  • Decreasing the size of the buttons would buy us some space.
  • Does anyone use the Related Tags etc links? Are they worth the space?
  • Please don't sort quick tags alphabetically. I had them in a useful order.
  • Use hover over text to explain how a parent post is used (or maybe there's a wiki page?)
  • Unlike the other sections, Parent and Description are used a minority of the time. Is there a way to indicate this? Collapsed by default maybe? An expandable Advanced section?

darryus said:
That red warning section should not be there from the start, it should only pop up if a user tries to upload without first adding a source.

I agree with this.

But I think we should all try to remember how daunting the current upload form looked at first. There isn't much guidance. It's easy to leave out the artist or body type. There's no reminder to tag contentious content. The new form may seem overcomplicated to those of us who know why male/male replaces gay and how to use artist: but for new users the new upload form will be helpful.

Thanks for making improvements, Kira. I think this will make e6 an even better archive.

Updated by anonymous