Topic: [Announcement] Tag categories for existing tags can no longer be changed via metatag

AlricKyznetsov said:
Attempted to make a new artist tag when posting an image for an artist that did not exist yet. First, I ran in to several 500 errors (78cf6fa754013f328042d15bb4c232b7).

When it finally posted, somehow despite saying artist:vikiboy, it got made into a character tag instead. Of course, I was able to go to Tags and manually change the tag type, but I'm not sure why it defined it as character when I explicitly said artist.

The error you received here was because the site you attempted to direct upload from timed out when the site tried to contact it.

Tags with zero posts are not tags that don't exist, they are simply tags with no posts on them. I can see where this might be confusing. So you will still get warnings for these tags if you attempt to change the type on them.

Going back through all of the errors collected since the fix, there have been no 500 errors related to tag type changing since I announced the fix for it.

Updated by anonymous