Topic: Updated: The plan for the UK to have age verification software online has been dropped.

It always tickles me a bit when people talk about the staff of the site as if we were some strange cryptids lurking off, unaware of the happenings of the world. <3

Covargo said:
So my question is will e621 set up their own system or use AgeID if either are not used by e621 this site will get blocked in the UK by The British Board of Film Classification eventually.

That said, I am not the admin who can give you an answer to this question, but I'm sure someone else who can will.

I sincerely hope that e621 won't take the Tumblr path and do a ban of NSFW content as that is no good at all.

I am pretty sure that this would be the equivalency of amazon deciding to become a free lending library and not sell anything at all -- strange, bizarre and more than a little improbable.

Tumblr's nsfw ban was monetarily motivated: Advertiser money. That's not our dealio.

If you turn off your add blocker (please do) you'll note that e6's ads are carefully tailored to our furry audience, rather than... your google search history, lol.

Updated by anonymous