Topic: Updated: The plan for the UK to have age verification software online has been dropped.

SnowWolf said:
It always tickles me a bit when people talk about the staff of the site as if we were some strange cryptids lurking off, unaware of the happenings of the world. <3

That said, I am not the admin who can give you an answer to this question, but I'm sure someone else who can will.

I am pretty sure that this would be the equivalency of amazon deciding to become a free lending library and not sell anything at all -- strange, bizarre and more than a little improbable.

Tumblr's nsfw ban was monetarily motivated: Advertiser money. That's not our dealio.

If you turn off your add blocker (please do) you'll note that e6's ads are carefully tailored to our furry audience, rather than... your google search history, lol.

I wasn't poking at e621 staff in that way i am nevous that this site will be banned in the UK. The thought of renting an ageID system won't sound appealing to a website just to get access to the UK at least that's how i'm looking at it.

I have no idea if this site cares to get access to the UK or whether this has been in e621's sights for a while.

It will depend whether i must use a VPN, TOR to visit here or maybe i don't need to worry about it.

Updated by anonymous