Topic: why does human only get removed

Dogenzaka said:
Are recently approved humanoid posts subject to deletion if a mod feels like? I uploaded a higher-quality version of a recently approved image and it was deleted for being human only, even though Maleficent is apparently humanoid with at least 2 other existing images of her in her horned human form still up from this year.

Mmm.

Essentially... How to explain this... ... I see a picture of Link. I know he's an elf. Link is an elf, unless he's a wolf. Easy. Pictures of Link are allowed. This picture has Link in it, therefor, it's allowed.

Except that isn't always true! This artist drew Link with human ears. This artist drew Link from an angle where his ears are not on screen. This artist has Link's ears obscured by some scenery.

I "know" this is Link, and I "know" Link is an elf, but I see no proof that Link is an elf.

And Link HAS to prove that he is an elf to count.

And us staff members? we're human. we make mistakes sometimes. Especially when dealing with over 1000 posts a day!

Maleficent is a tricky one. She has big horns. Or is that the shape of her hat?

post #1735646 - you can see, he's not wearing a hat or any headwear, the horns are coming out of his skull, AND he has pointy ears and fangs. Definitely not human.
post #1773548 - Honestly, this one should be deleted. She's wearing a hat. There's no way to tell if those are horns or not. (I'll delete it a bit later!)

And... all of the others from the last year usually involve her dragon form, or someone else in the image who is not human. Also, what I said before about pending approvals and grandfathered reposts. :)

Updated by anonymous