Topic: [Feature] "Borderline approval" flag for Janitors and up

ikdind said:
I do hope it wasn't too forward to post as a feature request. It seemed like a more appropriate place for the conversation than a "General topics" post.

Nah, you're fine <3

It also seemed like a recurring theme in the "why are my posts not being approved" responses was "It was borderline and we don't really know when there's consensus or even adequate coverage ensuring all posts are viewed by at least 1 approver, so we let it time out instead."

Mmm. I feel like this is a bit mischaracterized... that's probably my fault. I have a lot of uncertainty about approving or deleting of posts--that's why I'm honestly a fairly poor janitor. but I know that almost every post is getting looked at by several people. I mean, just looking at the mod actions for who's deleting posts and you can see over any given day period, there's a LOT of people deleting stuff. and I know we all have our own methods ways of making sure nothing slips through--mostly.

So, except in some very extreme circumstances, we're pretty sure that everything's getting looked at.

Just, when it reaches the end of the queue, it's because several people have looked at it and said "I don't think this is good enough to approve, but I also don't wanna delete it, because maybe I'm being too hard on it" ... if 5 people have said that, then it should probably be deleted.

Which is why we have the automoderator in the first place: they used to just .... linger until someone rolled up their sleeves and manually deleted them.

But, also, the pervasiveness of these threads does seem like more of a recent phenomenon, and mayhaps this too shall pass, like those sex-tagging threads.

It really is weird. it took us even longer before and yet now...?

who knows.

imagoober said:
I'm also interested in something other than "let it sit and rot because we can't decide", though I can understand SnowWolf's concerns.

it's not really rotting. it still gets deleted after 30 days.

(And on a tangentially related note, since all paid artwork is now DNP, why the "free stuff only" restriction entries on CDNP?)

I'm guessing here, you'd need to ask nimmy.. but.. i'd guess: One part lazy, probably. and one part... that was what the artist requested.

Updated by anonymous