Topic: [Feature] "Borderline approval" flag for Janitors and up

SnowWolf said:
So, except in some very extreme circumstances, we're pretty sure that everything's getting looked at.

Just, when it reaches the end of the queue, it's because several people have looked at it and said "I don't think this is good enough to approve, but I also don't wanna delete it, because maybe I'm being too hard on it" ... if 5 people have said that, then it should probably be deleted.

Which is why we have the automoderator in the first place: they used to just .... linger until someone rolled up their sleeves and manually deleted them.

So... Would there be a problem if the automoderator deleted posts as soon as they'd been passed by five approvers, instead of needing to then hit the 30-day limit?

Or if the admin team would rather the automoderator not get involved, is there a downside to approvers knowing how many other approvers had passed over a post? I'm not really in the know, but I'm assuming there's no current way for an approver to even know if a post had already been looked at by the entire approval crew already.

Updated by anonymous