Topic: [Feature] "Borderline approval" flag for Janitors and up

MagnusEffect said:
So... Would there be a problem if the automoderator deleted posts as soon as they'd been passed by five approvers, instead of needing to then hit the 30-day limit?

Or if the admin team would rather the automoderator not get involved, is there a downside to approvers knowing how many other approvers had passed over a post? I'm not really in the know, but I'm assuming there's no current way for an approver to even know if a post had already been looked at by the entire approval crew already.

I mean...

for one, code doesn't grow on trees.

for two... how to you determine what "5" is. I mean. Some of us browse the site too. If I click on a picture and look at it, because I wanna look at it, did I "judge" the picture, even if my only through was "oooh, snow leopard!" What if I view it a few times?

What If I look at it and go "huh..." and ask my fellow staff "what do you think about the X on this?" and then 4 more people click on it, viewing it and forcing it to auto delete because 4 people viewed it?

What if I have to click a button in passing to make it clear I "judged" it? well that's adding an extra click on every picture which doesn't take much time, but, y'know. it adds up and people are pretty lazy.

but ... this idea--while neat-- is basically a whole lot of extra code work that... there just isn't a need for.

we have several people looking at this. I know several of us check the end of the queue automatically SPECIFICALLY for good posts that might have slipped by.

It's a good idea, it honestly is. But it also feels a bit like "Say, I know we have a dozen people who sweep the courtyard a few times a day, but... maybe we should buy a roomba, in case they miss something."

The problem is, basssically...

CCoyote said:

• impatience,
  • not understanding that e621 is a curated archive and not a gallery,
  • not understanding someone is reviewing the posts already,
  • not understanding the minimum resolution and artistic requirements,
  • honestly, overestimating the quality of their own work, and
  • taking it personally when their posts aren't approved.

This, mostly. And that's not easily fixable.

There will always be a "gray area" where the posts aren't quite good enough but not quite bad enough. *shrug*

Updated by anonymous