Topic: [Feature] "Borderline approval" flag for Janitors and up

SnowWolf said:
What If I look at it and go "huh..." and ask my fellow staff "what do you think about the X on this?" and then 4 more people click on it, viewing it and forcing it to auto delete because 4 people viewed it?

What if I have to click a button in passing to make it clear I "judged" it? well that's adding an extra click on every picture which doesn't take much time, but, y'know. it adds up and people are pretty lazy.

but ... this idea--while neat-- is basically a whole lot of extra code work that... there just isn't a need for.

I don't know how hard this would be to code, but you could have an upvote/downvote system visible only to janitors and above, for the purpose of polling whether borderline drawing should be approved. The upvote/downvote system is already in place, so maybe the existing one could be duplicated for that.

If a janitor or above comes along and decides to just approve it outright, then they could do that, too, just like they do now.

hslugs said:
"Our mission: To archive the best/strangest/most excellent animal/anthro-related artwork, regardless of content, for all those who wish to view it."

Within the context of the rest of the site, "regardless of content" clearly is not the same as "regardless of quality." That is, when admin wrote that, they didn't mean just everything could be dumped here no matter how poorly it was executed.

As for whether the place is a good archive, the argument seems like semantics to me.

Updated by anonymous