Topic: [Feature] Blacklist suggestions

Pup

Privileged

Volteer133 said:
I generally catch almost all of those posts by just blacklisting the most common novelty tag what. There are very few that get through that, be it nightmare_fuel, body_horror, what has science/magic done, where is your god now, and why. And if I am in the mood to look at something out-of-the-ordinary I'll deactivate that blacklist.

Looking at those tags, none of them really bother me, at least the posts that aren't tagged with nightmare_fuel, as obviously I've blacklisted those.

I've never really thought of it as a joke tag, as searching it does show a lot that are pretty creepy, more so than the creepy/scary tags. I'd say nightmare_fuel just seems to strike a good balance on what I don't like to see.

The scary/creepy/horror kind of tags could just have a small section to themselves though. There's no real reason to not include them all.

Volteer133 said:
The only reason I say MLP is because I've met plenty of people that will get so angry upon seeing MLP that they will complain to admins and moderators or report people for it, like the fiasco with /b forcing MLP into its own section. Since blacklisting MLP I can't remember a time when my blacklist hasn't shown up on the side of my screen, except when I explicitly remove it from a search.

Yeah, I can definitely see that, and I wouldn't complain if MLP was blacklisted as people do tend to feel a bit more strongly about it.

Along with other series though, it's still more of a grey area for me.
To split it into types there's 2D, 3D, feral and anthro, but as a new user, you might not realise there's 3D/anthro art of a 2D cartoon, so you blacklist MLP as you think, "I don't like mlp", and you end up missing a lot of art you'd actually like.

If it's not included in the list, then users would still be aware of the blacklist, it gives them a chance to decide which types of art they like, and if they later think, "god, there's way too much feral mlp here" then at least they've been made aware of the blacklist.

As a compromise, maybe have the option block mlp -3D, As there's 116 pages of 3D posts, vs 750+ for non-3D anthro/feral. Then users would know there's 3D artwork of it, and just be able to remove the -3D if they want to block it as well.

Updated by anonymous