Topic: Closed Herpy.net address links to e621?

I have been in the Furry/Scalie community since the days when Herpy.net was still an active site. Recently, I attempted to view old images on the Wayback Machine, as I knew many were stored there, having seen them before. Curiously, the Archive returned an error: "That URL has been excluded from the WM," which prompted me to investigate. I went to search for Herpy.net, expecting to be met with the owner's note of apology regarding the site's closing due to abuse, which was the only accessible page for years, yet I was immediately redirected to e621. Do not get me wrong, I prefer e621, but it is not the humble site that introduced me to the fandom. I am not asking for tech help with the Archive, yet I am wondering why I am redirected here, and to a lesser extent, why cached pages seemingly vanished.

I might have missed some news article or something, sorry if that is the case.
Thanks for your time. It is just sad to see art go.

By the way, I am aware of the existence of Herpy.nu, and that much of the art formerly on the original Herpy.net can be found on e621 and FurAffinity, yet I do not believe that all of it could be feasibly relocated.

See for yourself: https://herpy.net

Updated