Topic: pre-2.2 Donation Thread

EDIT: IMPORTANT NOTICE. THIS IS AN OLD THREAD - PLEASE DO NOT SEND DONATIONS TO e521! Thank you! - Varka

When we upgrade to Version 2.2, we'd ideally like to upgrade our main server at the same time. We have the option of getting double the memory and more disk space, for the same monthly cost.

== What does this mean?

The new codebase is faster and will lead to quicker load times for all. But with more memory and a faster disk, we can serve more things simultaneously, and cache and store more images. That reduces the strain on the server a LOT!

== So let me guess, you guys want money again?

Yep. As it stands, we barely make 50% of the monthly cost of running e621 from the ads. But unlike other sites, we don't harangue people with huge messages everywhere going "GIVE US MONEY NOW". But, this upgrade will improve things for everyone, so we think some donations could be good!

== So how exactly do I donate? Just open my wallet and let you guys suck it dry?

Actually, you can donate in one of two ways.

Number 1: Through AlertPay on e621's InkBunny page (Betcha didn't know we had one!) at (LINK REMOVED - Varka)

Number 2: By sending an email to (EMAIL REMOVED - Varka) for information on other ways to donate.

== And what do I, personally, get out of it?

If you donate, we're planning to record the amount a user donates on their user profile (provided they want the information public). That way, you can see how much a user has helped and thank them for it!

== So how much do you need to raise?

We need to raise $900 for the upgrades. Now before you say "whoa, that's a HECK of a lot!", remember: It costs that much to run e621 for just six weeks.

== What happens if you don't raise all the money?

If we come a little bit short, we'll cover the shortfall. If we fall a LOT short, then we likely won't be able to afford the upgrades as e621 already runs at a large loss. So it'll all get spent on hookers and blow, and by hookers and blow, I mean it'll go towards the monthly running costs.

== So finally, a TL;DR rundown?

Donations are closed, please don't donate anything!

Updated by Varka