Topic: Stepping down as lead admin

Char

Former Staff

Hey guys :)

I'm sorry that this is such short notice, but I suppose I should at least tell everyone that I'll be stepping down as e621's lead administrator, effective immediately.

It's something I've been considering for quite a while now, for a few reasons. The underlying issue though is that I've simply burnt myself out, and feel that my actions and words as far as handling the administrative team have not been indicative of a good leader. I let the stress of trying to handle so many aspects of the site just get to me too much the past few months, and I feel that the site will only suffer if I continue to try to lead it at this point.

The simple fact of the matter is that, although I've enjoyed and felt a sense of accomplishment administrating e621 over these past 2 and a half years, it's just simply not something I enjoy doing anymore, and would prefer to spend my free time focusing on exploring new hobbies and basically just trying to better myself as a person. :)

Some of you may recall that, before e621, I was a head admin at AGNPH from late 2003 until late 2010... nearly 7 years! Combine that with my 2.5 years on e621, and I'm looking at nearly a DECADE of furry website administration. Wow. :P Suffice to say, I think I'm ready to hang up my administrator hat for good. :)

We've not yet named a replacement, that's something that I'll be working on with Varka today, and the administration might have a bit of restructuring as a result (dividing tasks up more and such). Believe me, I didn't really plan on just dropping the site so suddenly, but unfortunately things just didn't work out that way.

I wish Varka, the administration, and all of our users all the best. :) I don't plan on disappearing forever, but I do feel that I should take a step back from my site responsibilities and just focus on making the transition to new leadership go as smooth as it can (yes, despite my sudden departure).

Thank you for all the great times everyone. It's been fun. :3

-Char

Updated by crowshow