Topic: New changes to e621 coming on 9/30/13!

Hello everyone!

Over the next week or so, we will be unveiling another part of the changes we are rolling out for e621. These changes are a set of rules that are aimed at making the forums and website enjoyable for everyone.

Why are new rules needed? Isn't everything going perfectly?

Well, yes, they are. However, since e621 has been acquired by Bad Dragon Enterprises, there are a number of things that have to be optimized to not only protect Bad Dragon, but to protect e621 as well. Since Bad Dragon is an international company, we attract people from all over with different backgrounds, beliefs, and opinions. We have to make sure that we are as accommodating as possible to as many people as possible. We also need to make sure that we weed out the spammers and trolls, because no one likes people who are constantly down on everyone around them!

What kind of changes can we expect?

We are going to be cutting down on irrelevant forum topics, such as politics, to focus the website more towards the art and the artist. Also working to make administrative actions more consistent and clear. Many of the changes are fairly common sense, but will be clearly stated so there is no confusion about what is or is not okay.

When will I be able to see the proposed new rules?
The new changes will be posted on Monday 30th September, and will be published for a week before they go into effect. There'll be a forum thread for active discussion of the proposed new rules, which will be used to refine them before they go into effect.

When will these new changes go into effect?
The finalized rules should into effect on Monday 7th October.

Who can I contact if I have any questions?
You can email me at [email protected], send me a PM here on e621, or reply to this topic. I'll be making myself available to reply to inquiries as they come in :)

Constructive feedback is always appreciated!

Updated by 123easy