Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: e621 changeover, new policy, next steps

Aurali said:
FA screws up enough there is a need for multiple sites... Besides e621 I will normally go to inkbunny, and will attempt to avoid FurAffinity at all costs.

The single most common reason I avoid FA is that it is a drama clusterfuck. I swear I can't go 5 minutes without coming across some drama by accident. It just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth, and I want nothing to do with the childish way people act over there.

Varka said:
it's news to me we actually had a DNP already
[...]
[we're] without image fingerprinting (yet).

I'm pretty sure we already have image fingerprinting on e621. Admittedly a really weak one that fails to even the slightest modification of an image. But it still fails if you attempt to upload an identical image that was already deleted.

And artists were able to get their stuff took down. One of my favorite examples is of my beloved Inuki, who made a polite request takedown, who not only had her stuff immediately taken down, but also had some longtime e621 members who were heckling her permanently banned, which impressed on Inuki so much she actually decided to leave most of her artwork up on e621 after all.

EDIT: Here's a link to the utterly disgusting behavior by Kitsu, and where the admins handled it quite nicely, and all, and <3 Inuki. My favorite part of that thread is where mellis is like "I see a simple solution to this problem" and bans Kitsu on the spot.

http://e621.net/forum/show/5613

(I am not biased at all, and the fact that I am a huge fan of Inuki is not in any way at all clouding my judgement <_____< )

Inu said:
You guys are cool really. Cant tell you how happy Im that this goes so smooth and easy. Really don't mind some pics here and there and people can rage and vent on them XD

But 400 pics is just way to much.

thanks a lot again ^^

Inu said:
really no problem guys most of the credit goes to the admins here who are far farrrrrrr away from what people told me about them. Im actually a fan cause this site is cool for really finding nice rare piccs and even so there is rage here and there it doesnt bother :3 so no need to add anything more than to flag the piccs,clean a bit and let people do and post what they feel like (but not again 200+ in one flood xD;;;; )

Reality is, don't let the hype get to you. The old admins were quite reasonable about takedowns. And I suspect unfortunately, you've just put a big target on your forehead for people to start spreading lies about the way you handle this site, same as they were spread about Arc. She was a good person, and I miss her a lot already.

Updated by anonymous