Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: e621 changeover, new policy, next steps

Varka said:

Thirdly - next steps. The biggest thing I wish to improve with e621 is artist involvement; there are many things which can be done which will turn a previously negative outlook ('Who uploaded my art to e621? I want it removed') into a positive one - where artists are correctly attributed for their work, retain control over their work on the site.

I'd also like to ensure they are even given the tools they need to continue being artists - such as 'order print' links to Inkbunny for example, or 'Commission Information for this artist' links that point to an address of the artist's choice.

This is awesome news! Sefeiren and I have uploaded most of her gallery here, and we have always found e621 to be a great source of new watchers. FA is nice, but it can't match e621's ease of use; search for a keyword or two and you can find exactly what you're looking for on e621. FA's tags are for the most part ineffective, nonsensical, or nonexistent.

People keep calling this site just another image board, but its the tags and the community willing to make those tags as descriptive and exhaustive as possible that really set this place apart from fchan (ugh) or something like lulz or The Goddamned Furry Board. There is no substitute for e621.

I look forward to the slightly new direction, and I can't wait for the links to Inkbunny and artist commission information to implemented.

Updated by anonymous