Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: e621 changeover, new policy, next steps

Marbles said:
And artists were able to get their stuff took down. One of my favorite examples is of my beloved Inuki, who made a polite request takedown, who not only had her stuff immediately taken down, but also had some longtime e621 members who were heckling her permanently banned, which impressed on Inuki so much she actually decided to leave most of her artwork up on e621 after all.

EDIT: Here's a link to the utterly disgusting behavior by Kitsu, and where the admins handled it quite nicely, and all, and <3 Inuki. My favorite part of that thread is where mellis is like "I see a simple solution to this problem" and bans Kitsu on the spot.

http://e621.net/forum/show/5613

(I am not biased at all, and the fact that I am a huge fan of Inuki is not in any way at all clouding my judgement <_____< )

I have since apologized for how poorly I handled that. I wouldn't have minded at all if the artwork she wanted taken down was able to be attained properly (even if it required payment). Instead of it being "Stop reducing my potential sales" it was "No one can have it but me".

Also, note that it was all completely limited to discussion, I didn't do things like reuploading the images after having their metadata modified (thus changing their md5 hash, to bypass the dupe checker). The worst and only thing I did was create an angry forum post.

Regardless, I am doing just fine with my alt accounts, although the low posts-per-day restriction is frustrating. Although evidentially people enjoy the absence of a high-quality flood of posts.

Updated by anonymous