re621 is a comprehensive set of tools designed to enhance the website functionality for both casual and power users. It is created and maintained by unpaid volunteers, with the hope that it will be useful for the community. The project consists of several different modules that improve the entire site, top to bottom - literally.
Keeping the script - and the website - fully functional is our highest priority. If you are experiencing bugs or issues, do not hesitate to create a new ticket on github, or leave us a message in this thread. Feel free to send a DM to @bitWolfy#7932 or @Earlopain#9703 on Discord for real-time support, feature discussions, or just to chat. Feature requests, comments, and overall feedback are also appreciated.
Thank you for downloading and using this script. We hope that you enjoy the experience.
The project is delivered via a userscript. This means that you need a script manager, such as Tampermonkey.
With a script manager installed, click on the link in the releases section, and follow the instructions in the new tab.
The script is updated automatically whenever a new version is released, as long as that functionality is enabled in the extension settings. You can manually update the script by left-clicking on the version number in the Tampermonkey dashboard.
Note that re-installing the script by clicking the link in the Releases section will wipe out your current settings.
Instead, manually update the script by clicking the tampermonkey icon in the toolbar, selecting Dashboard, and then left-clicking on the last update column for the script.
A new version will then be installed automatically.
It is also recommended that you set the update interval to daily in the settings, so that you can receive all the latest changes and fixes as soon as they come out.
We have a website where you can see all features currently available https://re621.github.io/
Alternatively you can simply use the table below. The only benefit of using it over the forum post is that the you can easily view the videos/images.
( preview )
Do you have a lot of pools that you want to keep a track of? Would you like to receive updates on specific forum threads? Or do you just want to get notified of the new images of your favorite artist/tag?
Well, if that's the case, then the Subscriptions Manager module is for you. Now, you can get automatic notifications on all of these without having to keep track of specific pages.
( preview )
( preview )
Do you like to download many posts at once from e621? If so this module is for you. Select all posts you want to download and a zip file will start to download. Also works to download all posts of a pool at once.
The file names and strucure of the downloaded zip is customizable in the scripts settings.
( preview )
The links in the header are useful, but that's not what you might need every day. Now, you can customize them to your heart's content.
You can quickly navigate to the first nine tabs with the number keys.
( preview )
Pagination is now a thing of the past. New results are getting loaded automatically as you scroll, providing for an uninterrupted viewing experience.
( preview )
e621 includes a powerful markup language called DText, but it requires you to remember its tags, which are often not obvious. Now, you can use handy buttons above the comment box to insert them automatically. You are not limited to just tags - with Formatting Helper, you can create custom buttons with your own post templates.
( preview )
This module provides a powerful aliasing system, allowing you to add several pre-defined tags by typing in just one.
But that's not all. TinyAlias now automatically validates your input, verifying that the tag exists, that it's not an alias of a different tag, and that it is not on the avoid-posting list.
( preview )
The image page has been altered in several ways to make your browsing experience easier.
Post controls have been re-arranged and extended, allowing for easier voting and image group manipulation. Meanwhile, image scaling has been tweaked to allow for better fitting options, as well as on-the-fly option cycling.
( preview )
The posts page now has uniformly sized images, making it a lot prettier to look at. Doubleclick on a thumbnail to open it in a new tab.
As an added bonus if you hover over a post the image gets enlarged so that you can cleary see what you are clicking on.
( preview )
With Instant Filters, you can remove unwanted posts from the list, without having to wait for a page reload.
( preview )
The new site added hotkeys to make navigation a bit easier. We expanded on that idea, made them all customizable, and even added a few of our own.
The settings page features several options that are not big enough to warrant their own modules, but are useful nonetheless.
A few select features:
- Customize the tab title when viewing posts
- Actually download the image when clicking on download
- Quickly add a tag to your blacklist by hovering over it and clicking on the x
And much more!
- Implemented Post Recommender, a tool that analyzes your favorites and suggests similar posts
- Added Custom Flags, a way to automatically highlight posts that match saved tag strings
- Opening the notifications window automatically opens the tab with new content
- Made the forum thread title slightly more user-readable
- Performance tweaks and fixes
- Removed an outdated DNP list
- Resolved an issue with PostSuggester using the wrong username
- Resolved an issue with Formatting Helper failing to display plus (+) signs in the preview mode
- Added separate hotkeys for adding / removing favorites
- Added hotkeys for adding posts to pools and sets
- Added a character counter to the blacklist textarea
- Resolved a bug that caused subscription update timers to fail
- Fixed a possible issue with clicking the subscription multiple times before it finishes processing
- Added a "remove from cache" button to subscription updates
- Re-worked module dependencies to increase stability
- Subscription updates and notifications are now synchronized across browser tabs
- Made subscription update interval and maximum age customizable
- Changed the order of notifications tabs - tags now come first
- Added a way to mass-download all of your favorites
- Added a header shortcut for the DMail inbox
- Added several new hotkeys
- Resolved an issue causing subscription update timer to sometimes be in the past
- Fixed Pool Downloader not working with sets correctly
- Applied the blacklist to the tag subscription updates
- Added hotkeys to switch between search page modes
- Resolved a potential issue that could cause subscription cache to get wiped when updating
- Disabled double-click thumbnail actions when the search page is not in viewing mode
- Added autocomplete to the TinyAlias input field
- Tweaked TinyAlias interface
- Added an md5 variable to downloader utilities
- Added an option to preserve thumbnail hover text
- Resolved a problem causing the number of blacklisted filtered posts to be doubled
- Implemented a potential fix to blacklist failing to apply to the page
- Another potential fix to blacklist failing to apply to the page
- Fixed "disable all filters" button sometimes not appearing
Another hotfix release
- Resolved several issues that caused the subscription notifications to update needlessly
- Added an option to presere the thumbnail image ratio instead of cropping
- Made the tag list (slightly) bigger
- Fixed HeaderCustomizer tab hotkeys rebinding
- Fixed TinyAlias needlessly adding a wiki link after a tag has already been inserted
- Fixed potential page reflows when lazy-unloading thumbnails
- Fixed an issue with xmlHttpRequest implementation sometimes not sending the request body
- Replaced placeholder archive names for mass downloader modules
- Fixed voting buttons on thumbnails for very wide images
- Resolved several issues with "preserve ratio" option for thumbnails
The theme of this week's patch is performance. Multiple improvements have been made to make using RE621 a smoother experience.
- Upgraded the form creation engine to a new version. Performance should improve
- Tweaked dialog windows to render content when first opened instead of on page load
- Redesigned the settings menu to be less cluttered and more responsive
- Redesigned the interface from the ground up
- Added an option to favorite posts from the search page
- You must reset the settings cache from the settings menu to use the option above
- Rewritten the module from scratch
- Better looks, functionality, and speed
- Custom flags now work on the "popular" and "favorites" pages
- Improved subscription update performance
- List of subscriptions is now sorted alphabetically and kept updated across tabs
- Rewritten the recovery process used when an update gets interrupted
- Increases the maximum subscription size to 320
- Accounted for potential throttling
- Removed a redundant API call in TinyAlias
- Added a hotkey to add the post to the latest used set
- General code cleanup and peformance improvements
- Fixed a glitched out header that could occur with a slow connection
- Fixed occasional lag caused by HeaderCustomizer reflowing
- Fixed WikiEnhancer not working on non-existing wiki pages
- Fixed the toolbar on the post page causing page content overflow
- Fixed the blacklist not recognizing rating values
- Fixed set navbar not using navigational hotkeys
- Moved cache settings into its own section under the Utilities tab
- Added limits to the maximum number of subscriptions - 1200 for tags, 500 for everything else
- Your favorites can now be used in blacklists and custom flags (ex. fav:bitWolfy)
- Fixed the About page changelog not updating when the script gets updated
- Properly remove posts from subscription cache if they have been deleted from the site
- Fixed the blacklist not recognizing status:* entries
- Fixed custom flags sometimes failing to expand on hover
- Corrected several typos
- "Add to Favorites" thumbnail button can now be visible even if the voting buttons are hidden
- Fixed the forum notification dot in the header
- Fixed the changelog sometimes failing to load
- Improved DNP list fetching speed
- Add an option to turn off favorites caching
- Tweaked the style of the voting buttons
- Fixed poorly colored upload form switches
- Fixed an issue causing the favorites cache to be loaded needlessly
- Fixed voting buttons sometimes being unclickable
- Added better error handling for the E621 API wrapper
- Fixed the "add to last used set" hotkey sometimes not working in Firefox
- Fixed pool subscriptions freezing when it couldn't find a thumbnail to display
The project underwent a major rewrite in order to create a chrome extension version of the script.
- Rewritten the Subscription Manager to be faster and more versatile
- Added a way to subscribe to post comment threads
- Tweaked Infinite Scroll to load all pages up to the current one when going back through history
- Switched the Theme Customizer to use the site's own settings for smoother transitions
- Applied Thumbnail Enhancer actions and effects to thumbnails on other pages
- Re-written the DNP list handling to remove a largely unnecessary external file
- Added a red dot to the forum tab in the header if there are new posts in the forum
- Improved Mass Downloader status text for fetching API data
- Fixed subscription images sometimes missing initially while they load
- Fixed some font-awesome icons not being formatted correctly
- Fixed a potential error when using prev / next post hotkeys
- Fixed hotkeys not getting registered on some pages
- Throttled the Infinite Scroll event listener for the sake of performance
- Removed a duplicate e621 logo if the Header Customizer is disabled
- Split the script's metadata into a separate file for faster version checking
- Performance improvements
- Fixed thumbnails not displaying in Formatting Helper preview mode
- Removed a redundant background from the mass downloader sidebar section
- Resolved a layering problem resulting in site notices displaying under the thumbnails
- Fixed the forum thread subscriptions not working under certain circumstances
- Fixed the manual subscription update button sometimes marking old updates as new
- Implemented a Mass Downloader utility. This module allows you to download posts by selecting them from the search page, as well as grouped by pools or sets.
- Re-worked the Thumbnail Enhancer. The size and shape of image previews can now be customized to your heart's content.
- Made collapsing tag categories persistant
- Added a way to reset module settings
- Filtered out blacklisted posts from the subscriptions
- Ensured that notifications can get cleared while an update is running
- Fixed ForumSubscriptions notifying you about your own posts
- Fixed a display issue caused by posts being deleted
- Resolved a compatibility issue with ViolentMonkey
- Fixed an issue with ImageScaler conflicting with notes
- Disabled hotkeys on posts with Flash content
- Fixed MassDownloader's box-selection not working with InfiniteScroll
- Added an option to use thumbnail zoom in editing mode
- Replaced thumbnail borders with colored corner ribbons
- Reduced the size of the thumbnail highlight when double-clicking
- The blacklist would not work as expected because of a site update
- Improved performance of Thumbnail Enhancer by lazy-loading images
- Added an option to make the header navbar stick to the viewport
- Resolved an issue causing Mass Downloader to crash when encountering globally blacklisted files
- Fixed an issue causing the Mass Downloader "selected file" icon to go missing
- Tweaked the positioning of Instant Seach page separator for better clarity
- Disable text length constraints on DText-formatted inputs
- Tweaked the DNP list to be updated on a schedule, instead of on release
- Fixed zoom-on-hover functionality on the Popular page
- Replaced the old DNP list URL with the new, working one
- Fixed the non-functional form buttons
- Tweaked TinyAlias to stop blocking form submission
- Fixed inconsistent SubscriptionManager tab widths
- Hide the Pool Navigator checkboxes when there is only one navbar visible
- Specify the appropriate user-agent for API requests
- Fixed the FormattingHelper breaking the post editing form
- Resolved an issue with unbinding hotkeys
- Fixed a bug that caused issues with InfiniteScroll if InstantFilters were off
- Fixed a possible error when hovering over an thumbnail before the script has loaded
- Made Alt+Enter work on all input fields, not just FormattingHelper ones
Initial public release
- Added an option to reset module settings
- Stopped the Forum Subscriptions from notifying users about their own messages
- Fixed notifications not being cleared while an update is in progress
- Fixed the Image Scaler dropdown menu not saving its value
- Resolved duplicated IDs in the Formatting Helper
- Resolved an issue that caused the script to crash if the blacklist was empty
- Disable ImageScaler's click-to-resize functionality when editing notes