The biological family that contains all species related to pigs.
Technically speaking, suidae is the correct name for this family, but porcine was chosen for convenience. For tagging purposes porcine and suidae are essentially the same.
- tag group:species
- bear - Polar bear, panda, etc.
- bovine - Buffalo, cattle
- canine - Dog, fox, wolf
- caprine - Goat, sheep
- cetacean - Whale, dolphin
- cervine - Deer
- equine - Horse, zebra
- feline - Cat, lion, cheetah, panther, etc.
- lagomorph - Rabbits
- marsupial - Kangaroo, opossum, koala
- monotreme - Platypus, echidna
- mustelid - Weasel, ferret, etc.
- porcine - Pig, boar
- primate - Ape, monkey, etc. (excludes human)
- rodent - Mouse, rat, squirrel, beaver, etc.