Topic: [Mobile Users] Help Me Help You :)

spight

Former Staff

Hey folks!

I'm working on some stuff for the future of the site. Specifically, I want to be able to automatically redirect to the mobile version of the site for mobile users. (Don't worry, you'll be able to configure everything if you don't want this functionality)

I know, however, that server-side mobile detection is very lackluster, mostly because user-agent information is so... well, lackluster. I also know that some of you have really weird devices that we might not be able to detect as of now (Like... a 3DS?).

With that in mind, I've made a quick test for anyone who would like to make sure that they get the proper functionality when this comes out. Please go to this link on all devices you use to ensure that it gets recognized properly:

Mobile Checker.

Make sure it says your device is "mobile" if it's supposed to be (or "non-mobile" if it's not supposed to be), and if it's not matching properly, use the form to give me any information about the device you're using, such as make, model, OS, and browser. Make sure you submit the form from the device in question so I have your user-agent info.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me in this thread.

--Spight

Updated by Xch3l